• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] How to get the perfect chest?

MM/MINT

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Posting in this forums will be my one of many in helping people better themselves in the game.

So your a T hunter and you rarely get good items from your T Chest, I'm only talking about items not special loot. I am only referring to gear and weapons that happen to be inside the T Chest.
IE: Legendaries, Greaters

Have you looked at your luck?

Okay so a comprehensive test on luck with T Chest was conducted by myself and several of my guild members.

Rule 1- Person digging the chest cannot be partied with anyone during the digging process, once dug up then can be partied before its lock-picked to ensure anyone can loot it. You might ask why and here is the deal it distributes the luck throughout all the players in the party and you don't get the full affect on the chest.

Rule 2- ALWAYS HIT THE LUCK STATUE

So we began our journey and completed with 9 total T chests.

The character that did all the digging had 2600 luck before statue and 3500+ after luck statue.

Legendaries could be found in just about every single one that had been dug up, granted the luck runs out after about 1 hour but if you can pre-map them you might be able to get 2-5 done with a big enough group.

Like I said in the beginning of this post it has no affect on what kind of SOA, SOT, Forged Pardons, or Mana Phasing orbs it only affects the gear itself.

Welp that is my tip and trick on T maps any questions feel free to ask in here I will try to help if at all possible.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was under the impression that T-maps and MiBs were unaffected by luck, apart from a +1000 bonus for being in Fel.

At least I think that's what I'd read. Old mind... *wanders off*

MM/MINT

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@WhiteWitch - 7 of them were level 6 T-maps and the other 2 were Level 7's. Also the Legendaries were coming out of the Level 6 chests. So it wasn't the Felucca bump.

@Corwyn - I do know you get a bump for being in Fel, however the loot seemed to be significantly more with the Luck factored in.

Maybe it was a fluke but we will be testing it again shortly.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I have some time ago, started using my main's luck suit on my fisher/t hunter so what i have to wonder, does luck affect fishing at all or just the chest being fished up by a MIB? What level of difference would say a 1600 luck give vs zero luck?

MM/MINT

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Deep Ellum Dan - Just my thought because I haven't tested it yet but can shortly is that the luck for MIB's would be on just the chest itself, being that there is no "levels" to MIB's. However I would think that it has no basis on the actual fishing part of it like actually catching a fish vs catching shoes. Like I said just my thought but I can test it this coming up weekend and let you all know in another thread.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did a pair last night and a few the day before. My luck suit needs to be rebuilt and is sitting around 2K or so. The day before I managed to pull one leg from the 3-4 chests I finished but last night with hitting the statue I got a pair of leg's and some decent other items.

It also might have been a party issue as I think I was partied with my bard the other night and not yesterday...