• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to Get Events Posted to the Calendar!

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Alright, with the new forum setup, there appears to be some confusion about the Event Calendar and getting events posted. Hopefully, this will clear it up. :)

First of all, you want to click on UO Catskills Events at the top of the forum. NOT the Calendar link.

This will bring you into the Calendar. Scroll to the bottom and "jump to" the proper month if necessary. Then choose the option that describes the event (Recurring, etc.).

Once you do this, fill in your event information and submit it. Black Sun and I will get a note that there is an event that needs to be approved. We'll verify that it contains the dates, times, information, etc. and approve it. Viola! It will then be listed on the Calendar.

When an event is submitted, we usually get it approved within the day. If you have ANY questions, please feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to try to help you out.

P.S. Yes I realize the screen shots aren't great and I'll try to clean them up later. I just got home from work! LOL Hopefully, you can at least get an idea of what you need to do. :)

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Alright, couple things. First, if you click on the pictures, they expand and look fine so I'm gonna stop messing with them. lol

Second, the main reason I posted this is there is some confusion about why events are not showing up on the Catskills Event Calendar.

Right now, it APPEARS that submitting an event to ONE Calendar is not sufficient. For example, submitting something in the UHall main Event Calendar does not seem to carry back to this one and vice versa. I've got a question in to find out if there's something I need to know or some other way to get things cross posted. But, for now, if you want an event to show up on the Catskills Event Calendar, please follow the directions above and I'll get it approved for you.

Sending in an email for News about an event is not enough. That gets it tagged on the front page but doesn't do anything for the calendar. Someone needs to actually submit the event via the Event Thread to get it to show up.

If you have submitted an event and you don't see it listed in the calendar within 24 hours, please PM me and I'll check to see what the problem is.