• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tactics] How to gain Tactics

C

cycteddy

I blocked a Cu Sidhe in home and shoot it.
My archery is going to GM, but the tactics still stay at 25.2.

Any one can tell me how to gain tactics faster?Am i use the wrong method?

Many Thanks

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Don't block animals. That's just not nice :p (and is considered an exploit)

2. Go to New Haven. Shoot stuff. Your tactics will gain nicely. Just like your weapons skill, your tactics won't gain unless your opponents weapon skill (or maybe tactics) is relatively close to your tactics skill.

After you get to 50-60 tactics, head to Despise for Lizardmen. After 60, head down a couple levels for Ettin, trolls and ogres. After 80, you can go back to your poor, tortured puppy.

T

Turdnugget

Buy tactics to 40 in New Haven. Equip + tactics ring/brace, equip Arms of Tactical whatever they are with 12 tactics on them...pirate hat with tactics if you have one. Find yourself a golem and a 100% poison weapon and shoot away. Slowly take off jewels when your real skill gets higher.

Example: 40 real tactics + 30 in jewels + arms = 82 tactics.
Golem is GM and has around 85 tactics or so. So i'll shoot the golem till my tactics gets around 50 real, then i'll take off a jewel or the arms, gradually taking the +tactics off until my real skill gets higher.

You can also shoot at the tentacle of the harrower in Khaldun. Fel side, so its a little riskier... but I haven't had issues with Pks. That only works for ranged attacks though.

G

GFY

You need to attack smaller mobs until your tactics gets higher. The Cu is too tuff for you right now. Start out with something like earth elementals and your tac gains should fly.