• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] How to force 'Always run' to false?

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys,

I want to toggle the 'always run' option to false as soon as I enter hiding mode.

Is there a command to do that?

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wouldn't that be awesome.

Things that need to be added to hotbars
Always run status, guard zone status.
things that needed to be added to filter chat, damnage counters with perspective colors and names

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
there is a macro for it ! make macro in first box drop in hiding in second box drop in always run action this will hide you then it will make it so you walk (if the cursor is near you if you put it far away it will still run the down side is then you have to turn always run back on !
but you can always just drop the always run action in a hot bar and use it to toggle!
I know this is not exactly what you want but its all i can figure for now till a moder can make the command!

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is a macro for it ! make macro in first box drop in hiding in second box drop in always run action this will hide you then it will make it so you walk (if the cursor is near you if you put it far away it will still run the down side is then you have to turn always run back on !
but you can always just drop the always run action in a hot bar and use it to toggle!
I know this is not exactly what you want but its all i can figure for now till a moder can make the command!
Unfortunately, that doesn't work, since there's no way to tell if you're in run or walk mode, so that kind of macro would in fact make you run instead of walk if you were already in walk mode.

Am I right?

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately, that doesn't work, since there's no way to tell if you're in run or walk mode, so that kind of macro would in fact make you run instead of walk if you were already in walk mode.

Am I right?
yes you are

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
lol well I said it wasnt exactly what you wanted ! Was just not sure if you were aware of that action or not I really have not messed with it much !
I do agree we need some kind of way to tell the mode you are in and a command to switch the two!

A

Ash

using the ever lovely script command, can try putting this in a macro. first script command, second hiding skill (actually shouldn't matter either way).

Code:
script SystemData.Settings.GameOptions.alwaysRun = false; UserSettingsChanged()
if unfamiliar with the script commands, I suggest looking at the Command Script thread stickied in the forum.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, that's what I'm looking for, I'll try it ASAP, thanks.

Where did you find the documentation for script commands, btw?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I tried it and it seems to work the same as using the macro i posted ! but then again I did not try it on my stealther (have it stoned atm) We should add this to the commands!

O

Old Man of UO

using the ever lovely script command, can try putting this in a macro. first script command, second hiding skill (actually shouldn't matter either way).

Code:
if unfamiliar with the script commands, I suggest looking at the Command Script thread stickied in the forum.
How do you cancel this script? Does this change make you always run?

script SystemData.Settings.GameOptions.alwaysRun = true; UserSettingsChanged()

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
actually what we need is always walk ! turning always run on just makes you run no matter were the curser is!
turning it off makes you walk when its near you and run when its far from you!
in order to work well with stealth and hiding I would think!

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This works flawlessly:

You're my hero, thank you :bowdown: