• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to enter Vel Lor Reg, the Gargoyle Town in Ilshenar ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been a while since I last entered the Gargoyle Town in Ilshenar, Vel Lor Reg (Home of Light) but I recall not having trouble getting into it.....

I recently went there and there is a strange totem or sort of, blocking entrance....
Is there something I am supposed to do to enter the town ??

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It has been a while since I last entered the Gargoyle Town in Ilshenar, Vel Lor Reg (Home of Light) but I recall not having trouble getting into it.....

I recently went there and there is a strange totem or sort of, blocking entrance....
Is there something I am supposed to do to enter the town ??
It doesn't exist anymore. That area is used for the Exodus Encounter.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do the Exodus Ritual at a Virtue shrine...He will let you in. :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do the Exodus Ritual at a Virtue shrine...He will let you in. :)

I guess it now is a dungeon like the Abyss requiring a quest to access it ?
I assume therefore that the town with the NPCs which was there is gone for good.
I thought there were now 2 Gargoyle Towns, apparently then there still is only one, that in Ter Mur since the Ilshenar is no longer.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...I thought there were now 2 Gargoyle Towns, apparently then there still is only one, that in Ter Mur since the Ilshenar is no longer.
Scholars have noted throughout the ages that the Gargoyle Governments often implore the ways of the Highlander.
Highlander.jpg

If you are looking for the mining and crafting books, they are sold by merchants in the Ter-Mur Royal City.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scholars have noted throughout the ages that the Gargoyle Governments often implore the ways of the Highlander.
View attachment 20759

If you are looking for the mining and crafting books, they are sold by merchants in the Ter-Mur Royal City.
I am willing, if required, to fetch any of the books, and the relevant tools, for anyone who doesn't have the SA expansion. (on some shards I would need to have the gold 'up front')

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am willing, if required, to fetch any of the books, and the relevant tools, for anyone who doesn't have the SA expansion. (on some shards I would need to have the gold 'up front')
Same here, just PM me.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is not having the SA upgrade equal to having half a parachute? In the end you just don't enjoy the ride in both cases.

Real query is someone that plays the game and post so much passion about the game cannot answer their own question.

Why can't I finnish the Dark One quest? Well maybe it is due to the lack of Kingdom Reborn. See easy.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 20759

I was more trying to double check if the Blacksmith and Tailor Gargoyles in Vel Lor Reg offered Bulk Order Deeds since I had already checked that the ones in Ter Mur do not.... My idea was, that if those in the old Ilshenar Gargoyle town did offer them, then the Ter Mur lack of offering had to be a bug.
Since there is no more an Ilshenar Gargoyle town, I cannot test this and so cannot come out with any conclusive thinking whether the Ter Mur lack of BODs is or not a bug....

Perhaps someone has memories from before the Exodus change ?
Did anyone ever happen to get Bulk Order Deeds from the Gargoyles in the Ilshenar Town ?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Yes, I used to collect them there.