• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to do screeny shots?

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been searching now for over an hour for the post on how to do Screenshots and post them on Stratics. Apparently, I-R-DUMB because I can't find it.:sad2: Can someone please throw me a bone here? Thank you for any and all assistance!
I could have sworn someone made a detailed "how to" on this and it was stickied, but, like I said, I haven't found anything on it using the Stratics Search Engine. Thanks again for your assistance.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to the I-R-DUMB club. I am a founding member. I also would like this info. Not that I ever am in anything that anyone could care about.

I usually use the print screen option, paste the picture into Paint, and save, then use as an attachement to my post (from the additional options below the thread window). But I am sure that there is a better way to do it than that.

E

Eyes of Origin

Red.. This is what I would do.....
Open an account with Photobucket.
Once you have your screenshots edited, load them up to Photobucket.
After they are uploaded, the site gives you an image code underneath each picture
Copy the image code and paste it into your Stratics post.

The only thing is, put them in a folder on your computer that you wont delete. If you delete the pics from your computer, they will disappear from photobucket and Stratics as well.

E

Eyes of Origin

ohhh you were looking for a "how to" on the screenshots as well. Sorry, I thought you just needed a way to post them to the boards.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Eyes of Origin. I am going to Photobucket now to open an account

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Disregard -- I found my answer when I re-read the linked FAQ.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love photobucket they let me store so many interesting screenshots. Our server is filled with noobs and liars, you really need something working as physical proof to counter the lies came from the low lifes.

Only thing about photobucket is it doesnt allow you to zoom in big enough to show readable ingame text if your PC resolution is too high. You might want to crop out the game window.

Also google up UOSU(Ultima Online Screenshot Utility) which helps you take screenshots on fly but it automatically cut out the task bar unless you use print screen bottom.

E

Eyes of Origin

Yeah, I just use SnagIt for the screenshots themselves... I have a hotkey I hot for pics on the go, words wonders in PvP situations. Then I edit them in the SnagIt Editor, uoload them to Photobucket and post to the boards.