• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to damage a ship?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found a pirate ship, I killed the entire crew (the captain has high hpr).
I fired about 70 cannon balls but the pirate ship has no visible damage...
so how can I damage the pirate ships?

I fired directly on the ship by staying at 1 tile of distance...

T

Trebr Drab

What's the differences between canon balls, grape shot, small and large canons, ranges, area effects...?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it took me about 10 cannon shots to destroy a merchant ship, then i tried fighting a pirate ship and they owned me b4 i could destroy their ship :/

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
probably the pirate ship I attacked became invulnerable after passing through a server line... The battle was in 5 screens and at one point we had crossed the server line. Maybe this is the cause? :/

V

Voodoo990

probably the pirate ship I attacked became invulnerable after passing through a server line... The battle was in 5 screens and at one point we had crossed the server line. Maybe this is the cause? :/
When I ran into this I found, for me, to be one of two things, I didn't have the pirate bounty quest, or I had already killed a pirate and hadn't turned in the death certificate. I found that I could only do damage to one pirate ship per quest.

And has anyone been able to return to the docks with a live pirate yet? All mine have gone poof at the server lines, just like in beta.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In this battle we are 2 to fighting:
the boat owner and me.

Both of us have tried to fire with cannon against the boat but nothing happen... we have killed the crew.
Then when I'm attacking the pirate (to keep it away from cannons) my friend start to fire with cannons (he has the quest). After 70 cannon balls nothing happen then we decided to throw all our power against the pirate and we had killed him and get the certificate, but we were not able to board the ship...

V

Voodoo990

In this battle we are 2 to fighting:
the boat owner and me.

Both of us have tried to fire with cannon against the boat but nothing happen... we have killed the crew.
Then when I'm attacking the pirate (to keep it away from cannons) my friend start to fire with cannons (he has the quest). After 70 cannon balls nothing happen then we decided to throw all our power against the pirate and we had killed him and get the certificate, but we were not able to board the ship...
This part of the booster was extremely buggy in beta and still is. We ran into this all the time, can kill the crew but couldn't damage the ship and in turn not be able to board. I would turn the certificate in and start again. I know that you won't be able to damage any other pirate ships till that is done.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, I turned the certificate, but give a really sad reward: 5k :(
I think I will avoid pirates until they will be fixed or the reward will be much appropriate...
70 cannon shots have a huge cost to be waste for a 5k reward :/

V

Voodoo990

yes, I turned the certificate, but give a really sad reward: 5k :(
I think I will avoid pirates until they will be fixed or the reward will be much appropriate...
70 cannon shots have a huge cost to be waste for a 5k reward :/
Exactly what we said in beta ;)

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love Cal or someone to come in here and be like "Never being able to get saltpeter, and then finally being able to attack a ship only to get a whopping 5k at the end is good because..."

I'm really tired of them doing dumb crap that even they can't come up with an excuse for.