• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to contact the Governor of Moonglow

Tanieran

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello!

If any citizen of Moonglow wishes a title or has ideas or concerns they would like brought before King Blackthorn, a different trade deal agreement is desired, the trade deal agreement expired before I could get into game, or you have fundraising or event ideas, please feel free to contact me!

My ICQ is 634617635.

You can also PM me here on Stratics or UniversalBlue on http://www.uorpc.net/

In game, I am Silrien Aegnor or Alista Laleyan, My mailbox is located at the Royal Oaks Tavern in Newcastle Township, and there is a rune to it at the Britannian Consolate and Ministry of Foreign Affairs Luna Office. There is a bulletin board at the Royal Oaks Tavern, as well as at the Britannian Consolate and Ministry of Foreign Affairs Luna Office in NW Luna. (102 o 40' N, 26o 26'W)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Your doing a great job. Can you give lessons to the Governor of Trinsic? I'm pretty sure he actually exists, but I can't prove it.

Tanieran

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm very sorry to hear that the Governor of Trinsic hasn't been as active. Which trade deal would you like put up on the stone there? I do have him on ICQ and while I know he's having a lot of real life issues at the moment, I could at least relay that for you.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Put a lot of thought into if I wanted to get into this or not. Then I decided, why not? lol Well I don't think it's my place to dictate what trade deal we have. Nor do I feel the Governor should support trade deals with his own funds, the town needs to be viable on it's own. I feel it would be better to have a town meeting on this sort of thing. If no one shows up, then fine. But I would like to see a little more effort put into this in general. It doesn't have to be a big time consuming thing.

I'm a little less grumpy today than I was in my original catty comment, lol. I respect the long term devotion of our current Governor to UO. I also realize how hard it is to stay motivated over an extremely long period of time with little support. Having left UO and returned several times over the years, I'm familiar with the great amount of effort he has put into UO for a very very long time. Back when I was especially aware of his activities, before Trammel, he was a truly inspiring leader in the community who donated his time in a way that was head and shoulders above the rest. And it was (and is) greatly appreciated. But that doesn't mean now it's a free pass and retirement time.

If he wants the job, and if he was dedicated to doing the job, I can think of none better. But if he's burnt out with it, and beat down by lack of support, maybe it's time to step down and give someone else a shot for an election cycle. At least then one could gloat a little when they fall on their face ;)

I really have a deep love for Trinsic and it's history and it seems we are taking a back seat to what is going on in UO event wise. Since our current Governor is an expert in RPing, I'd love to see more of this going on in Trinsic. It doesn't have to be a major or constant thing. Just a taste now and then. Get us some headlines, get us noticed. Let me click on the bulletin board and see a post. That would be awesome. If there is no longer any motivation to do that, then it's time for a change. That's what's kinda been spinning around in my head, so people know where I'm going from.

I'm not here to berate someone that put 2000 times more effort into the UO GL's community than I have over many many years. I'm not here to stage a revolution on someone that has 20 times the ability, experience, and knowledge that I have. It's my hope to be the pea in the mattress of the princess to encourage a more interesting and fun environment in Trinsic specifically. But if someone is beaten down a little from doing events and repeatedly seeing little involvement, to me that's not a viable excuse. Ya gotta keep trying, that's the job we volunteer for. The job is not intended to be a badge to wear around that says I took first place. So I guess that gets that off my chest and all I have to say about it, till the next election cycle. By then I'll be prepared to raise Hell about this if things continue to drift along as is. I'm getting back in the UO groove again and getting an understanding of the lay of the land currently. I've been gone quite a few years and after being back for 3 or 4 months there's still a LOT to catch up on. It's amazing how much the game has evolved on so many fronts. It's my intention to bring some life back into Trinsic. A taste of that has been the opening of the Trinsic Historical Museum (a constant work in progress). I don't need the title of Governor to do these sort of things to bring interest to Trinsic. That's not saying that being in that position after the next cycle wouldn't make the process easier. Everyone has been notified :) And just to show everyone how political I can be, I've stopped calling gargoyles "little demons". I have also not referred to elves as being "fruity" for months. So there ya go.

Tanieran

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for your very well thought out response. I'd love to have you stop by our Moonglow town meetings and bring up your ideas about the trade deals even as a visitor from Trinsic. We get visitors from Minoc all the time.

It's great to see you are back, and I plan to stop by that very neat sounding museum you have there! I hope to see you in game --

Silrien's player

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
It is my understanding that out governor in Trinsic is dealing with real life issues at the moment. Fair enough and I wish him the best. For the time being I will find someone else to harass. On the Trinsic Historical Museum front I've been working on the museum and added many displays requiring a make over already. I also have new items being shipped in which should be here today or tomorrow. So I'm thinking this process my never end. I'm also not crazy about how the roof is set up and that needs a revamp. Do other people have these issues? lol I'm always amazed when walking into a castle that's clearly been there forever and they have nothing in it but chests. I simply couldn't tolerate it :p Oh and sorry for hijacking your thread. At least it's getting bumped ;)

Tanieran

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
That museum sounds really neat!

Also, thank you for bumping my thread, even if it was unintentionally. :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well your certainly welcome to visit it :) I have a rune on the vendor to "Trinsic Historical". Just do a vendor search, grab a vendor map. and stop on by. Should be adding some neat items this week. Got a scapegoat I'm pretty excited about, got to find the right spot for him.