• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to change Client Language Code

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone.

Does anyone know how to change "Client Language Code" on Windows 10 & Classics?
I live in Japan and usually use Japanese but I want to play UO with English settings.
But, I cannot change this settings, my client always runs with Japanese settings.

Previously (ex, on Windows 7), I could change that settings via updating "uo.cfg".
(To add "UserLanguageCodeString=ENU" line on uo.cfg)

Thanks for your help.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would page an advisor...ingame....by definition this is exactly the kind of stuff they are suppose to be experts on!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It has to do with the Systran configurations.
There are several config files that rely on Systran, not sure which will dictate your displayed language though.

Try just "UserLanguageCodeString=EN" - without the "U" as the standard is for 2 characters (HTML ISO Language Code Reference). But I'm not sure into which file with Systran settings it would go. :-/

You can submit this to the UO site ([email protected]) and probably get more technical answers. Might want to suggest it be put into their Wiki>>Technical section as well for classic clients.

I know for the EC there are language settings...