• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to cancel a mastery quest?

Leeda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two of my Chars got quests I cannot possibly do. I can't find a way to cancel them.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Click yourself, and there should be an option there to cancel the quest.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if it's an exploit but you can go to Cancel the quest, choose No, and then repick the same mastery you chose originally. Then go into the Quest details.

If you change servers between doing this, the quest changes. So you can technically get a quest in each facet/server every hour. It gives a lot more chances at a boss you're more able to kill. I prefer to try for the Dragon Turtle as it's current and everyone is doing it.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if it's an exploit but you can go to Cancel the quest, choose No, and then repick the same mastery you chose originally. Then go into the Quest details.

If you change servers between doing this, the quest changes. So you can technically get a quest in each facet/server every hour. It gives a lot more chances at a boss you're more able to kill. I prefer to try for the Dragon Turtle as it's current and everyone is doing it.
If it's an exploit then it's one I approve of.

I can't even begin to imagine sitting there going "Okay my quest wants me to kill Meraktus! I'll just look in chat here until I find some other people who want to kill that boss so I can complete my quest!" You'd sit there for a billion years.

I just go to each moongate on the list, cancel quest, change my mind, and repeat. You don't get a new boss at every gate but you get a few different ones at least.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Does anyone have a list of all the quests?

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone have a list of all the quests?
From http://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-90/

Visit Hawkwind the Timelord near the Valley of Eodon moongate to receive a quest to the first volume of a chosen skill.
  • Quests objectives change hourly and include the Abyss Spawn, Arachnid Spawn, Cold Blood Spawn, Forest Lord Spawn, Unholy Terror Spawn, Vermin Horde Spawn, Sleeping Dragon Spawn, Minotaur Spawn, Corrupt Spawn, Glade Spawn, Dread Horn Peerless, Chief Paroxysmus Peerless, Lady Melisande Peerless, Shimmering Effusion Peerless, Dragon Turtle Spawn.
  • In addition non-Vice vs Virtue players can receive Travesty Peerless and Monstrous Interred Grizzle Peerless.
  • In addition to any of the non-Felucca spawns Vice vs. Virtue players may also receive, Abyssal Infernal Spawn & Primeval Lich Spawn.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know why they chose the old quest system... There are 2 quest systems (3 if you count quests you don't actually pick up(event'/Exploring the Deep)) now, why couldn't they all be converted to one system ?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know why they chose the old quest system... There are 2 quest systems (3 if you count quests you don't actually pick up(event'/Exploring the Deep)) now, why couldn't they all be converted to one system ?
We asked this before... Personally I think it's overly and incredibly confusing to old and new players alike to have so many different quest systems in the game. But... IMO if they are too lazy/busy/uninterested in making a proper new player experience or putting together some sort of proper help for young/new/and returning players then what's the difference? Everything in UO is growing more and more complicated.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I like that it pops up and reminds you at login. Maybe that's why and since it could easily be missed by players. Just running by Hawkwind gives the quest and you can't forget it as you log out/in. That's probably why they used the old system. I'm a fan of it for this use IMO.

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just do the peacemaking bard quest from the Britain bard college. Peace 5 mongbats , get book , repeat as needed

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a quest to beat Travesty, but I can't seem to get anyone to help me. This system, in my opinion needs to be easier to complete; especially for single players, or small groups.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just do the peacemaking bard quest from the Britain bard college. Peace 5 mongbats , get book , repeat as needed
That's the book, not the primers. With Hawkwinds quest you can specifically get the volume 1 primer you ask for instead of praying to the RNG gods every champ spawn.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I usually play at odd hours, I.e. 6:00am, and only have an hour or so to play.

I'd love to get spellweaving masteries. Impossible?

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Turtle spawn seems to be going constantly on Atlantic. Follow my tip above and try to get the Turtle quest then do it.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Well, I'll have to wait until I have another transfer token, I guess. Not sure how this will be possible for a solo person on a low-population shard.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can get mastery primers on any champ spawn. Fel champ spawns can give you level 3 mastery primers as well.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well, I'll have to wait until I have another transfer token, I guess. Not sure how this will be possible for a solo person on a low-population shard.
We told you how to get the quest for an easier champ as well. Stop playing the victim.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You don't need to do that quest if you have access to a mastery book. If you have a bard, you can do any of the three mastery quests over and over again to get dozens of mastery books.
Then go do a Fel Baracoon or some Fel T2A spawns and rejoice with your new found mastery primers. Or vendor search for it and for the mastery primer.

On Legends, I get at least one spellweaving primer per spawn run. It is almost annoying.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You don't need to do that quest if you have access to a mastery book. If you have a bard, you can do any of the three mastery quests over and over again to get dozens of mastery books.
Then go do a Fel Baracoon or some Fel T2A spawns and rejoice with your new found mastery primers. Or vendor search for it and for the mastery primer.

On Legends, I get at least one spellweaving primer per spawn run. It is almost annoying.
The quest gives you a primer of your choice. It's a lot easier to do than wait for an RNG drop.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The quest gives you a primer of your choice. It's a lot easier to do than wait for an RNG drop.
Without a protector, at least 6 primers will drop, even in ish. There aren't too many of them for the RNG to be a problem. And spellweaving, which is the one he wants, seem to be a pretty common drop.
I am pretty sure that if he does a vendor search, he will find it in his shard, along with a mastery book, and won't even have to bother doing a champ spawn.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We told you how to get the quest for an easier champ as well. Stop playing the victim.
Pfft. Stop playing the bully. I was just asking, nitwit. I found out I could simply buy the mastery, I thought it was something each character had to do, like the spellweaving spells.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will this only work for bards or can these books be given to warrior, tamers, mages etc and actually work? No way in Hell can I do some of this crap solo. Did someone mention we can get Mastery books just from spawns or was that just the primers? I'm so confused, been gone a while.

Thanks for any useful and courteous information!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will this only work for bards or can these books be given to warrior, tamers, mages etc and actually work? No way in Hell can I do some of this crap solo. Did someone mention we can get Mastery books just from spawns or was that just the primers? I'm so confused, been gone a while.

Thanks for any useful and courteous information!
A book of masteries is a book of masteries, no matter where you got it. The bard ones are just easier to acquire. Do what I did on Siege, get about 20 of them in roughly 5 minutes and give them out to anyone that doesn't have one, oh yeah, for free....We don't have to milk each other for every last penny do we ?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
can you get level 3 primers in tram ruleset spawns?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, though there seems to be less of a chance, you can get them there.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know whether I do spawns in Tram or Fel 9 times out of 10 all I get are level 1's ..... in rare cases I manage a level 2 but so far it's is extremely rare and almost never that I get a 3 no matter where I am doing the spawn.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They definitely nerfed the amount of Level 3 primers that drop the first publish after ToL was released. But even before that... I never saw them drop anywhere but Fel.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A book of masteries is a book of masteries, no matter where you got it. The bard ones are just easier to acquire. Do what I did on Siege, get about 20 of them in roughly 5 minutes and give them out to anyone that doesn't have one, oh yeah, for free....We don't have to milk each other for every last penny do we ?

Thanks for the reply Garth, it is greatly appreciated! I tried some old bard mastery books I had on an account and they didn't work so maybe there has been a change with how they function between 6-7 years ago and this new content. I definitely will try and see if some newer mastery books work! I just gated about 50 people on Atlantic to a massive IDOC last night, so no, I'm not the greedy type and have to agree with people being less self-centered and more in tune with others needs as well.

Thanks again!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Only tram spawn I saw drop those is the Turtle spawn.
And it definitely feels like that they've nerfed the drop rate of level 3 primers on Fel spawns.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't even begin to imagine sitting there going "Okay my quest wants me to kill Meraktus! I'll just look in chat here until I find some other people who want to kill that boss so I can complete my quest!" You'd sit there for a billion years.
I wonder how many players even know what Meraktus is.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I wonder how many players even know what Meraktus is.
If the devs sat down and came up with a list of like twelve things players would actually want (items, mounts, vanity pets, whatever) and made them available throughout the game in the right places, the amount of viable worthwhile content available to players would increase massively overnight.

Instead we sit here with way too little to do, while the tiny dev team slowly plugs away at new content, and existing content sits unknown and forgotten because someone forgot to give it a reason to exist. It's insane.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have got level 3s in tram at turtle you do enougth turtles you will get I have got lvl 3 taming,spellweaving,myst,magic,necro and many others. But have done way over 300 some odd or more to get.