How should a ninja heal?

• Thread starter Octavius316
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
O

Octavius316

I've been working on my ninja for around a month now so far this is what i have. I'm really thinking of dropping hiding and stealth to pick up ant and healing. I will lose for ninja moves though, but by adding ant and healing i think i could do more damage for pvm. Just wanted to hear some ideas on this please?

110 sword
105 tactics
100 stealth
105 ninjitsu
105 med
100 hiding
100 chiv

C

Capt.E

Chiv only needs to be 65. Bushido is a good option as well on that template. Most people use potions, and you may or may not want to keep med on the template. It really is a pvp template, but if you are really patient it can be fun to kill pvm stuff. I'd suggest a hit lower attack stam and mana leech weapon for pvm. You also get confidence with bushido, which heals pretty well at 120. Whatever you do, don't get rid of ninjitsu totally. You will hate yourself when you are training it for the third time to 100 or higher. I know from experience. :( if you search threads for assassin, there are quite a few templates and advice available for you in the warriors forum

S

Shotgun

you should drop your stealth to 85....at 85 you never fail and you can use the extra points towards ninja.

if you cast the spell animal form and select dog form(not wolf form) you will regen hitpoints and the higher your ninja the faster you regen and you can use chiv and gheal pots for extra healing.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 22, 2004
Rochester, NY
illandril.net
you should drop your stealth to 85....at 85 you never fail and you can use the extra points towards ninja.
80 if your armor is medable.
120 if your armor is not medable (I think... I've never actually used stealth with non-medable armor).

Having extra stealth will reduce your chances of being detected (against both passive and active detect hidden), however... but I haven't ever had a problem keeping hidden with just 80.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 28, 2003
db4.proboards.com

if you cast the spell animal form and select dog form(not wolf form) you will regen hitpoints and the higher your ninja the faster you regen and you can use chiv and gheal pots for extra healing.
Yes and no.

My ninja archer has 75 stealth (75 is all ya need) and 80 hiding.

My ninja swordsman has 100 hide/120 stealth (actually 110 and wears the +10robe) because any lower makes deathstrike do less damage.

On an archer that is of course not a factor, so less is fine...but if you plan on using DS and want it to do more damage you need 120/100 (and at very least human form tracking to go with it...more would be better)

As for the chiv, since I cure with pots, and avoid using Divine Fury (red pots ftw) I felt no reason to have more than 50 chiv...which is plenty to cast close woulds, and remove curse. This is for pvp of course. More would be nice...105 for holy lights would be great since I run 4/6 casting...but there is just no room for it on my template.

This is what my temp looks like

120 swords
120 ninja
120 bushido (confidence+nerve strike+lightning strike)
120 stealth
100 hiding
100 tactics
50 chivalry

With human form tracking (20 skill) I can do a max of around 52 on a deathstrike, and if I don't track its 42 or thereabouts. With higher tracking you can do a lot more.

4/6 casting, 50% ep, max lmc, 10 mana regen, 45 hci/65 dci, corpse proof suit (75+ fire/poison)

As for the original question, I of course heal with chiv, pots, and confidence. If this were an archer template (deathstrike sux on archers) I would not have the bush, chiv, or as high hiding/stealth and would go with anat/heal...

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
A Ninja without Stealth isn't a Ninja.
I only heal through Dog Form. No healing skill whatsoever. The goal is to strike and then to vanish, not to tank against dangerous enemies.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 28, 2003
db4.proboards.com
I don't think you can really claim intellectual rights of that template, I've been using the ninja/bushy build for ages on GL and posted it on the warrior forum some time ago.
Of course. I have played Ninja/Bush templates before in the past myself (albeit not set up like this one w/ stealth and no heal/anat)

I just found it amusing how a good half dozen or so people (mostly TB guys it seemed) were making characters like mine after I played for a few days.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
2545 x 2031
I still say my 4/6, fencer, poisoner, ninja, stealth, mage was the best haha.