• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Reliable?

G

Gladius

Ok after an off-shard shopping spree I returned and placed all my special buys on an ARCANE BOOKSHELF.

This happened to be the only container I had available and this was a deeded container thus it had an auto lockdown feature since it immediately prompts you to set security upon placement. I set it at Owner only.

Well 34M worth of stuff I placed there. So I started to get a few items from the container and went about the castle to place them. When I returned to get some more you guessed it all the rest of the stuff was GONE!!!

If somebody up there hates me then I feel you've made your point hehe.
What plausible explanation can there be for this?

But it's just a game and I lost only 34 USD worth of goods another statistic added I suppose to the number of people who lose items due to extraordinary circumstances.

How I wish I could use a revert spell on this one. One thing is certain I would never use that type of container again. Are there any other types you know one should be careful of too?

-G-

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Are there any other types you know one should be careful of too?

-G-
Gray barrels! ;)

I'm sorry for your loss. I think I remember people posting about losing stuff from deedable containers years ago. I guess they never found a fix for that.

I suggest that you report it as a bug so they can take a look at it.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Check the weight and item count of that bookshelf. Sometimes they are there, but invisible. To pick up the hidden items , *hopes this is the case*, try using the grid view of SA or KR.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you placed it already and you're still lagging??

Sorry, you're rant was too funny.............

Hey man, if you're spending real life dollars on this pixelation.....Either God's trying to make you open your eyes to your admitted foolishness, or, the IRS is catching up with you..........either way, if you spending real life dollars........you won't get my pity.

later

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you placed it already and you're still lagging??

Sorry, you're rant was too funny.............

Hey man, if you're spending real life dollars on this pixelation.....Either God's trying to make you open your eyes to your admitted foolishness, or, the IRS is catching up with you..........either way, if you spending real life dollars........you won't get my pity.

later
You smoke or drink at all 4th? Because if you're spending money on cigarettes or booze what does that say about your admitted foolishness? No need to be a jerk to someone else because you don't agree with them.

To Gladius, Try what Spellbound suggested and check grid view in the enhanced client if it's still showing a weight/item count. Hopefully that's the case. Sorry to hear about your loss.

G

Gladius

Yup I did the grid thingy it was gone all four backpacks. I even axed the dang bookshelf if there was anything in it hidden it would have been on the floor.

Just another rotten roll of the dice in this game all's well really just concerned about these containers on their reliability for storage.
:D

-G-

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey man, if you're spending real life dollars on this pixelation..... if you spending real life dollars........you won't get my pity.
And youre doing what exactly by paying your monthly subscription? We ALL pay RL $$ for this pixelation.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had good one some years ago. Was a short time glitch going on. Delt with the chest from SOSs. Did an all day resort of my house using those chest. The glitch was any the chest facing East at server up cleaned themselves out. To get an ideal how long ago that was..........when I paged the GM, he showed up at my place, hung out while searching his boards on info, and did an SOL speech. How much theese years later wish I had that stuff. More so miss the GMs showing up.