• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How much is the monthly charge?

Scooby_Snacks

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am thinking of returning for a bit, but was wondering how much is the monthly charge nower days please?

Thanks

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
$14.99 USD per month.

It gets slightly cheaper if you buy 6 months at a time.

Edit:

Nevermind I was wrong it's $12.99 per month (I always buy 6 month codes and forgot the 1 month price apparently).

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought it was only $12.99 if you pay monthly, and you can go as low as $10.00 monthly if you pay 6 months at a time?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I thought it was only $12.99 if you pay monthly, and you can go as low as $10.00 monthly if you pay 6 months at a time?
Oh, it appears you are right. I always buy 6 month codes and I guess I forgot what the 1 month price was. My bad, sorry.

Scooby_Snacks

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I played for many years and have many fond memories. I think its fairly expensive, so have opened a 14 day trial account to see if I still get into it

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its 38.50 for 6 months gametime ....like peanuts really .....thats like only 6.42 month???.....jeepers....lot less than 2 beers !! muahhaaaa

why wouldnt you not play!!!!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its 38.50 for 6 months gametime ....like peanuts really .....thats like only 6.42 month???.....jeepers....lot less than 2 beers !! muahhaaaa

why wouldnt you not play!!!!
38.50 ????? where are you getting almost 2 to 1 on the US dollar.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
In the UK it's £11.66 a month but if you buy a gametime code on Origin it's only 38.50 for 6 months, bit of a no-brainer really! :p

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should also know, that you can buy gametime for gold. So if you are decent at making some gold along the way, it will only cost you time ;) Can be as easy as selling one item you got from an one hour long event for a 6 month code.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
38.50 ????? where are you getting almost 2 to 1 on the US dollar.
yah meant pounds but its a no brainer in the uk..

£38.50 for 6 months gametime ....like peanuts really .....thats like only £6.42 month???....

or u could pay £11.50 per month....for 6 months ....lolz....equals ... £69.00 for the 6 months

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the UK it's £11.66 a month but if you buy a gametime code on Origin it's only 38.50 for 6 months, bit of a no-brainer really! :p
So you are paying £11.66 a month to play UO £69.96 for 6 1 mo codes at a rate of current 1.26 us to 1 UK is $87.97. $60 US gets you £47.72 Where are you getting this 38.50 from

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you are paying £11.66 a month to play UO £69.96 for 6 1 mo codes at a rate of current 1.26 us to 1 UK is $87.97. $60 US gets you £47.72 Where are you getting this 38.50 from
38.50 is the official price on origin in the UK. Prices just differ from region to region.No need to think in US$ when you are in the UK.

Btw, In germany its 11.50/29.99/45.99€ for the 1/3/6 months codes. I wonder what the prices might be in the middle east, russia or japan. The automatic subscription adds another 1 or 2€ IIRC.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yah meant pounds but its a no brainer in the uk..

£38.50 for 6 months gametime ....like peanuts really .....thats like only £6.42 month???....

or u could pay £11.50 per month.....lolz....equals ... £69.00 for the 6 months
So you are paying $48.41 US for a 6 mo code? Your math doesn't add up. $77.94 6 1 mo codes or $59.99 for a 6 mo code is an $18 diff and you are telling us that you get a £30.50 diff I think not

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you are paying $48.41 US for a 6 mo code? Your math doesn't add up. $77.94 6 1 mo codes or $59.99 for a 6 mo code is an $18 diff and you are telling us that you get a £30.50 diff I think not
6 * 11.50 - 38,5 = 30.50. Its not rocket science, Not sure what math you are speaking of.

Reactions: THP

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think so yes!!! its not rocket science... it called a UK no brainer

i like £6.42 a month ...makes me happy... would make me happier if we didnt have to pay the tax... would be cheaper even i guess

hey its not our fault the pound is weak...to the dollar

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I paid £11.66 (£9.99 plus tax) a month for the first couple of months before I realised Origin had 6 month codes that worked out a lot cheaper. Yes the 6 month code is very good value in comparison!