• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] How much ignots/clothes/boards for 100-120 blacksmith/tailor/carpe?

D

Doran

hi :)
how much ignots i need from 100 to 120skill, i know it cant be said exaclty , but just i know how much i have to spend :)

the same for 100-120 tailoring and 30-100 carpentry :)

thanks alot!!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Remember to craft in a Salvage Bag with the tailor & smith items, to save time recycling/salvaging.

For Blacksmith, if you have 105 mining and craft royal circlets, it should take about 10-12 thousand ingots. You can switch to boomerangs after 110 (if the account has SA), but the advantage of sticking with the Royal Circlets is that you can get 100-120 items crafted before having to recycle, while the Boomerangs require you to recycle twice as often.

Not sure on cloth costs, but you can get up to 109.3 making oil cloth, which turn into bandages when you recycle (remember to remove any unused cloth from the bag when you recycle or it gets made into bandages too). After then, it's whatever is more useful at the time from
  • Filling Studded & Bone BODs for runics and other rewards
  • (with SA) making Gargish cloth armor and recycling
  • Making Ninja hoods (cloth & leather) and donating them to the Britain Library Thief NPC for collection points.
The middle will be cheaper, but the first one can get you more gold to buy more crafting supplies. The last can get you points toward getting a Talisman for one of your characters (I especially recommend the Treatise on Alchemy if you have an alchemist character - or just to give your carpenter an extra 5 Magery for crafting add-ons; similarly, the Traveling Minstrel talisman will give your carpenter extra Music for crafting instruments).

D

Doran

Thanks alot basara. Wow 12000 sounds realy cheap for geting smith from 100 to 120. Sadly i only got about 80 mining :(.
Ill hope tailoring costs for 120 are also less then 1 million

Do i need the expensive barbed leather to fill some usefull bods?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used around 40k cloth for my tailor. Thats way less than 1 million in gold pieces. And i used that for training from 40 to 120.

D

Doran

It is still possible to write a good automatic uo assist makro to skill up some easyer?

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're concerned about tailoring costs, go look up the satyr trick, then do oil cloths.

Get 100 mining. There's no good reason to stop at 80 if you're going to be a smith. You must have enough mining skill to smelt items made from the colored ores.

Why would you write a UOA macro for doing skill? The tools all have the option to make a specified number or make as many items as you have charges remaining. How much easier do you want it to get?

D

Doran

also the option that any crafted item is going in the salvage bag?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
also the option that any crafted item is going in the salvage bag?
place your materials in the salvage bag when crafting and the items will appear in the bag!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It is still possible to write a good automatic uo assist makro to skill up some easyer?

you don't NEED a macro, anymore...

IF you look in the crafting menu, they have the option to "Make Max" in both clients. One click there, and it makes the item until your tool breaks, you run out of materials, or run into the 125-item backpack limit or weight limit (on rare occasions you might keep making items with the ones over the limit dropping to the ground).

IF you are making smith or tailor items in a salvage bag, it's a matter of just a few clicks.

1. Put your materials in the salvage bag, Open up tool, click on the right side arrow by the item you want to make, Select "Make Max"; let it run until done.
(repeat #1 if the tool breaks)
(repeat #1 after if you run out of materials, after reloading with material)
2. when you hit your limit, remove any unused cloth in the bag (if training tailor - cloth left inside will end up as bandages if you don't), click on the salvage bag, and salvage all.
3. Move the salvaged material back to the bag, add more materials, and go back to step 1.

Make Max runs faster than a UOAssist macro, and the Salvage bag does everything in the bag in 1-2 seconds, which is MUCH faster than the UOAssist recycle agent (or setting a macro to immediately recycle the item made).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mining is important for recycling. With only 80 mining, you only get 80*0.66% = 52.8% (rounded down) of your ingots back, and will not be able to recycle gold, agapite, verite or Valorite items, even when you can craft them. You need to have at least 90 mining with +5 miner's Gloves and a Jacob's pickaxe to get to 105 skill (you have to put the gloves on after equipping the pick, for the skill to go over 100).

You need at least 101.1 mining skill to get the maximum return on your recycling.

D

Doran

Thanks alot :) they way from 80 to 90 seems very long :( so for smelting items 90 is enough if i get the pickaxe wnd the gloves, just hoping theyr not to expensive :)

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thanks alot :) they way from 80 to 90 seems very long :(
No, I don't think so. Cheer up. It's easy. Taming and Spellweaving are far more annoying and slow plus you get lots of ingots while training mining. You can also look for Alacrity Scrolls and Scrolls Of Transcendence.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It takes just few hours to get from 80 to 90. While I trained mining to 100 I got less ingots than I needed to train BS to 120.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
remember to smelt each colored ore 1 unit of ore at a time; the chance to smelt an ore is 50% when you first gain the ability to use it.

You can gain from smelting DC until 90 skill
You can gain from smelting Shadow Iron until 95
You can gain from smelting Copper until 100.
You can gain on all higher metals all the way to 100 as well (even with the gloves and pick equipped to bring you to 105). Until you log off or cross a server line/recall, you can even temporarily go over 105 with the gear, if your actual skill is under 100.

However, there appears to be a minor bug in the Random Number Generator that allows a failure when you're supposed to be exactly 100% in many things (ask anyone that has failed copper at 100 skill, or had the "no reagents" message come up on a failed spell with exactly 100% LRC).

Reminder:
Mining Ore: Gains to 100 simply from the act of digging - not subject to ore-type difficulty, but gets slower as you approach 100.
Smelting Ore: Gain is ore-type based. Iron gives gains from 25 skill (0% chance to smelt) to 75 skill. All other ores start at 50% at mining availability level, with gains for the next 25 skill points, as noted above. Even recycling these metals can theoretically give a gain (reported very rarely), much as there are rare cases of repairs giving smith gains.