• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many votes needed for a New GuildMaster?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have a guild of 65 members, how many are needed to vote to allow a new GuildMaster?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I believe it's a 2/3 majority, so that would be 43 or so members would have to vote on replacement.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"Ronins" don't count towards the overall member vote required.
Only active characters logged in within the past 30 days that are members and above count in the voting process.
You need 60% majority of the vote.

Reactions: S_S

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I didn't know that this was still possible.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I didn't know that this was still possible.
Also the game will promote an indivdual as well, if that character is the only active one. One of our characters was a honorary member of a guild on another shard. That character was left as a member so when we logged in on that one it promoted that character since none of the others in the guild had been in since 2012.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just to add something else, the player with enough votes doesn't automatically get promoted as soon as they have enough votes. It usually takes a few hours for it to officially register and make them the leader.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just to add something else, the player with enough votes doesn't automatically get promoted as soon as they have enough votes. It usually takes a few hours for it to officially register and make them the leader.
As soon as we hit the needed amount of votes, it switched him automatically to GM today.

Celestial_lich

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Can vouch for the inactive members thing, I recently had this occur in a guild I am a member of due to lack of activity of other members.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also the game will promote an indivdual as well, if that character is the only active one. One of our characters was a honorary member of a guild on another shard. That character was left as a member so when we logged in on that one it promoted that character since none of the others in the guild had been in since 2012.
I am not certain if a guild promotes a member to GM based on activity. I do know that if a GM resigns, a new GM will be randomly selected among all the members. I am not sure there is any criteria used in that selection process. Can you say whether the prior GM character was still in the guild? Could it be that GM simply left the guild and it auto selected your friend as the new one?

I have a character in a very old blacksmith guild. As of right now, I am the only one to log in since Sep. 2015. Many people on the list have no logged in since 2004-2005. The GM hasn't logged in since 2007. I would love to find the exact criteria for GM selection in these cases (if any exist).

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am not certain if a guild promotes a member to GM based on activity. I do know that if a GM resigns, a new GM will be randomly selected among all the members. I am not sure there is any criteria used in that selection process. Can you say whether the prior GM character was still in the guild? Could it be that GM simply left the guild and it auto selected your friend as the new one?

I have a character in a very old blacksmith guild. As of right now, I am the only one to log in since Sep. 2015. Many people on the list have no logged in since 2004-2005. The GM hasn't logged in since 2007. I would love to find the exact criteria for GM selection in these cases (if any exist).
I remember one other thing I had done there when I logged in and found that character was the only active member, she cast a vote for herself.