• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many town establishments do we have?

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey guys,

I'm wondering how many guild or player created towns we have on Lake Superior?

How many have applied for village/town establishments?

EM Autolycus

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gra'Knobs, an orc village in Fel, and Serpent Isle (Tram) are the only two current town establishments. Teleporters to their towns can be found in the Mage Tower. We are hoping to make Gra'Knobs the center of an upcoming event (involving orcs, of course!).

Unfortunately, it was like pulling teeth getting their banners built. But the process has been streamlined a bit, since. So there wont be as much pain getting it done.

Another Fel one has begun the process, and I've been eagerly awaiting word from them... while our very original applicant from the start of the program hasn't yet got back to us with a banner design. :/

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know you have the guidelines listed on your EM Website but can you list them here too for a bit of discussion?

EM Autolycus

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, we generally require that a starting town have at least 5 houses. They must all be located close together, share a similar theme, and be accessible to the public.

A town must either take on an RP theme of some sort, which opens them up to possible events (this is the case with Serpent Isle and Gra'Knobs), or they must take the "community route", and in some way be of service to the people of LS.

Once we approve a town, they may submit a design for a "banner". Basically, a structure to represent their town. This shouldn't take up more than a 6x6 area of dry land, so as not to block potential house placement. However, consideration for more complex structures will be given for larger towns.

As I type this, I realize our page on the LS EM Site should be updated a bit. :mf_prop:

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We used to have a guild town. It consisted of about 25 houses, including a guild house, a guild 'bank', an arena, and a guild meeting hall. All except a couple were adjacent.