• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Many RTB Reminders Did You Send To Old UO Friends? (A Poll)

How many old UO friends did you tell about this year's RTB campaign?

Votes: 21 46.7%

Votes: 8 17.8%

Votes: 4 8.9%

Votes: 5 11.1%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 2 4.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 11-14

• 15-20

• 21 or more

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm wondering how many of us spread the word about the current Return to Britannia promotion to people whom we know used to play UO. I told three old friends about it. One told me he doesn't remember old account names, passwords, etc. and wasn't even going to try. Another wasn't sure she'd have room on her computer after recently getting back into playing WoW. And the third apparently isn't checking Facebook very often these days and I haven't heard back from him. So I'm 0 for 3 at this point. :(

How did everyone else do with their efforts?

Last edited:

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too get laughted at when i tell my old uo mates, that I'm still playing this game.

I told noone about RTB. No one wants to return to a game run by a company that has such a screwed up payment system and a shop that is even crapier?!

Last edited:

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same as above.. I notified all my old guildmates.. my friends on Facebook (quit laughing).. and sent out a general ICQ note telling everyone on my ICQ list...

I got the same response as Kas Althume and Felonious Monk...

sativa green

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
game has nothing left to offer those who have left for content driven games both with pve and pvp

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
game has nothing left to offer those who have left for content driven games both with pve and pvp
Yeah but there's nothing I've seen better... Still play Secret World a little but there's no player interaction and no houses or vendors.. Still a cool game but not UO.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a friend who trial'd UO and got pretty far skillwise in two weeks. He was thinking about coming back and this would have been perfect but I guess RTB doesn't include trials.
If he made it two weeks see if he'll join my guild on Catskills... thats a lot longer than most newbs give it..

P.S. I have new characters.. I could show him how to have fun..

Last edited:

sativa green

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah but there's nothing I've seen better... Still play Secret World a little but there's no player interaction and no houses or vendors.. Still a cool game but not UO.
secret world has a lot to look forward to at least with more nightmare dungeon releases and future 10 man raids. we get sneak peeks at a wallpaper to keep us excited and interested. with uo being so old, many of us have done everything there is to offer and there is very little replay value unless you're trying to get rich in game. once you get rich, the game becomes somewhat pointless with no true gold sinks or effective grinds. it's just the same, do this a bunch of times and get this new item, use it or sell it, rinse and repeat.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
secret world has a lot to look forward to at least with more nightmare dungeon releases and future 10 man raids. we get sneak peeks at a wallpaper to keep us excited and interested. with uo being so old, many of us have done everything there is to offer and there is very little replay value unless you're trying to get rich in game. once you get rich, the game becomes somewhat pointless with no true gold sinks or effective grinds. it's just the same, do this a bunch of times and get this new item, use it or sell it, rinse and repeat.
Yup.. and getting rich in a game is only fun once..
I went back to UO.. making my house look cool and helping people and joining in on group hunts with other active guilds is way more fun that "rinse and repeat"..

sativa green

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when it comes down to it, the only challenge uo is offering, to me at least, is pvp. with siege lacking in pvp canidates, i find other games a lot more enjoyable when it comes to endless pvp replay. with that said, other games still offer more challenging end game pve. uo has community, that's for sure, but with lack of challenge, i run out of things to do. which is why a lot of people have moved on and won't return for RTB.

W

Woodsman

I told probably around 10 people. For the most part, the same responses as Kas Althume and Felonious Monk. Lot of wisecracks about the graphics, few comments about "it's still around?".

A couple are going to look into it since I had their old accounts and could provide them the login information, but for the most part it was jokes about graphics and "sorry, I'm playing Guild Wars 2/The Secret World/etc."

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only talk to a couple people who have quit UO, most I don't talk to anymore. I hope we'll see some returning players stick around after RTB is over.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uo is kinda like a Furry Fetish :eek: Its alil embarrasing:blushing: , you do it in the privacy of your own home (or secluded place where normal people dont see you :eyes:), and you only talk abt it to others who also do it:grouphug:

I told no one abt RTB :postcount:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
My name is Flutter and I approve this message.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG Flutter.. please don't.. I'm in Colorado and we are getting flooded with those...
But yeah I agree.. I'm back down to just UO and SW... I'd still recommend both to any serious gamer..

P.S. Sativa, you ever duel nekkid in the arena? No armour, no pots, no bandys... nekkid with a NPC smith sword. If your up to it make a char on Cats and I'll duel ya..

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flutter, I like your animation!

One of the three people I talked to, is trying to decide whether or not to come back but had a change of mind after reading the posts in here about all the problems with the Account Management System.

Still he is considering waiting until Winter to come back . With our weather being sunny and warm, he says he would rather be outside enjoying the nice days at the beach.

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had 5-6 friends who tried to come back, but got so frustrated with the account management system, they went to play on a non-EA server.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I taken the time and walked them through the account links and I think gotten ten in the game so far and around a handful is sticking with it to continue on.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I didn't really tell anyone... However one of my Son's friends who used to play was over while I was logging in the new Despise and says to me... "Um... Wow are you still playing UO? Where the heck is that?" I try to explain about stuff... and he says .... "Well I would maybe try it again but I don't have any of the CD's anymore" At which I go... "Um... You do realize UO hasn't been out on a CD in a LONG time and you can just download it right from EA." He gets this gleam in his eye and he goes "What really?" I'm like "Yeah.... oh and btw it's RTB. You can log in right now if you wanted" "WHAT!" He says looking all excited. "Can you just log in one of my characters now?" I'm like "Oh yeah here...." And I log him in..... LOL..... now he is on almost every night.... "Hey Willa... What is this???? God I don't remember how to fight stuff.... I think I did something and now my Pinco's is all weird help....." I love it. Good to have friends back. Maybe a few more will drop by....