• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Many Poinsettia Colors?

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to collect a full set of Mesanna tagged Poinettias. I have 9 different colors at the moment and was wondering gif anyone has figured out how many colors there are total?

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found 10 so far, but a couple of them are pretty close

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, those are the 10 I have out of the 51 I have looked at so far

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:p Yeeehaw, 250k Clean-Up Points! THANKS for my new black pigment!

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would this be the 10 you speak of:

View attachment 11019

Your defiantly missing 2 colours possibly more. You have in your pic

1 2 3 4 6 7
10 9 11 12

Iv found one with a different name that fits as number 5, 11 colours would just be a wrong number! If you line them up in order you can see it doesnt look right, it doesnt flow properly [put them on black gozas]
And then the last one doesnt flow with the first one and it should, so there would/could be another two as 13 and 14

Thunderz

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if it the same sort of halloween/metal dye hues then there will be 144 diff hues, good luck with that:)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have the EC, use the Pinco UI to get the exact hue colour
Your defiantly missing 2 colours possibly more. You have in your pic

1 2 3 4 6 7
10 9 11 12

Iv found one with a different name that fits as number 5, 11 colours would just be a wrong number! If you line them up in order you can see it doesnt look right, it doesnt flow properly [put them on black gozas]
And then the last one doesnt flow with the first one and it should, so there would/could be another two as 13 and 14

Thunderz
I can confirm 12 colours so far, with 24 Poinsetta tested. You can call the item hue in the EC with Pinco or using this macro; (copy and paste into your character's file)

<UserAction type="Macro" id="17" iconId="3" name="Colour Hue Finder" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="UserCommand" id="0" iconId="790" targetType="Cursor" text="script WREH=WindowRegisterEventHandler; WUEH=WindowUnregisterEventHandler; RWD=RegisterWindowData; UWD=UnregisterWindowData" />
<UserAction type="UserCommand" id="0" iconId="790" targetType="Cursor" text='script function CBRI1(objId) PrintWStringToChatWindow( wstring.format(L&quot;%04x&quot;, WindowData.ObjectInfo[objId].hueId),1); end' />
<UserAction type="UserCommand" id="0" iconId="790" targetType="Cursor" text='script function CBRI2() oId=SystemData.RequestInfo_ObjectId; RWD(15,oId); CBRI1(oId); UWD(15,oId); WUEH(&quot;Root&quot;,65580); end' />
<UserAction type="UserCommand" id="0" iconId="790" targetType="Cursor" text='script WUEH(&quot;Root&quot;,65580); WREH(&quot;Root&quot;,65580,&quot;CBRI2&quot;); RequestTargetInfo()' />
</UserAction>

So far I have seen colours 0a5b to 0a66...

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not use the EC, never have, never will. I will see what I can do about finding the 2 colors I am missing. I'll be glad in a couple of days when the prices on the Mesanna ones drops. At the moment they are kind of expensive to collect!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so how many names is there.................if there are 11 colours...........

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay. Added one and reorganized for proper order. I am looking for #8 on Atlantic and will trade 2 of my extras for it if you have it. PM or ICQ me. Thanks! And if anyone has found any other colors please let me know.

mesannapoinsettias2.PNG

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so how many names is there.................if there are 11 colours...........
Not sure, so far I've had Bleak (soooo many Bleak!) Wasia, Mesanna, Misk, Gryphon, Kyronix, Rend, MrsTroublemaker, Onifrk and Phoenix...

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure, so far I've had Bleak (soooo many Bleak!) Wasia, Mesanna, Misk, Gryphon, Kyronix, Rend, MrsTroublemaker, Onifrk and Phoenix...
Zoer (ironically also the last one I found. :))

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
11 colours and 11 names...makes it easy...muahhhahahhaaa

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not use the EC, never have, never will. I will see what I can do about finding the 2 colors I am missing. I'll be glad in a couple of days when the prices on the Mesanna ones drops. At the moment they are kind of expensive to collect!
I see the reverse happening, as people start collecting and hording, there will be a fight [price war] to get the last 1 or 2 that people need for there collection and will start offering more than the next person hehe *stashes all mine away*

same with holiday bells/statues ect

Thunderz

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Being color blind and trying to sort these is a pain. If you see the one you need Rowan, just msg me here or on icq (2166691)

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Being color blind and trying to sort these is a pain. If you see the one you need Rowan, just msg me here or on icq (2166691)
I'd have to see them in game to compare them. I will be on later this evening at Luna bank on Atlantic.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
print screen and use paint to blow them right up, thats what i did to be able to see that you were missing 2.

Thunderz

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have looked at over 500 poinsettias now and I have yet to confirm more than 11 colors. So, unless anyone can show me another color I am guessing that there are 11 colors and 11 names.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have looked at over 500 poinsettias now and I have yet to confirm more than 11 colors. So, unless anyone can show me another color I am guessing that there are 11 colors and 11 names.
If needed Rowan I can meet you and use the Pinco hue ID to check the colours if needed. I can do it from the trade window.

Offer is there for anyone. I had the same thing with the muffins before. So many colours look the same. After testing the hue ID I found I had 2 the same.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are 12 colors.

The RGB numbers on these are:

2651 - 239 143 143
2652 - 239 191 143
2653 - 239 239 143
2654 - 191 239 143
2655 - 143 239 143
2656 - 143 239 191
2657 - 143 239 239
2658 - 143 191 239
2659 - 143 143 239
2660 - 191 143 239
2661 - 239 143 239
2662 - 239 143 191

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are 12 colors.

*snip*

The RGB numbers on these are:

2651 - 239 143 143
2652 - 239 191 143
2653 - 239 239 143
2654 - 191 239 143
2655 - 143 239 143
2656 - 143 239 191
2657 - 143 239 239
2658 - 143 191 239
2659 - 143 143 239
2660 - 191 143 239
2661 - 239 143 239
2662 - 239 143 191
Yup, the details I gave are the hex code for where they appear in the cliloc, but these figures are also correct (and are what the Pinco UI will return if you use that colour sampling method)

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyone on Atlantic could help me deturmine which color I am missing I would be most appreciative. Since I do not use the EC is there any other way to figure it out?

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I think I have it now. The problem for me is that 2655 and 2656 are very close in color to my eyes. Does this look right:

mesannaset.PNG

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, try and do all Mesanna ones. It got pretty expensive in the end. I ended up spending about 50 mil total for the set.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrrr, aight me can'ts hold it in no longer... Who exactly do be Mrs Troublemaker?? Me gots gifts with her name on them a-goin' back to 2004!

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all for updating all of this and posting pics!

True. I guess I need to make some friends! :(
I'll be your friend :)

Arrrrr, aight me can'ts hold it in no longer... Who exactly do be Mrs Troublemaker?? Me gots gifts with her name on them a-goin' back to 2004!
From my understanding when I watched videos and read threads on the last Fairfax meeting in August she sat up front with all the Devs and was introduced, so I'm assuming she is a Dev. I know she works there with the team in the office.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, try and do all Mesanna ones. It got pretty expensive in the end. I ended up spending about 50 mil total for the set.
Have you got any left to trade or sell Rowan? I'd like to try and get a set myself but the prices seem to be all over the place at the moment.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nonsense, you have friends :) you just wanted them all fast. Hehe
Yeah, true, I have some really great friends in UO. I was just making a funny. Or as my GF would say making a not funny.

Have you got any left to trade or sell Rowan? I'd like to try and get a set myself but the prices seem to be all over the place at the moment.
I will have a few more on Atlantic in a few days and will let you know.

Thanks all for updating all of this and posting pics!

I'll be your friend :)
Thanks! I'll take all the more friends I can get!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do all the Colors and Names for the Poinsettias have the same chance to spawn or is there any color or name that is rarer to spawn ?

If so, what is(are) the rarer color(s) and name(s) ?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Do all the Colors and Names for the Poinsettias have the same chance to spawn or is there any color or name that is rarer to spawn ?

If so, what is(are) the rarer color(s) and name(s) ?
I'm not sure, but I think the pure yellow spawns less frequently than the other colors.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure, but I think the pure yellow spawns less frequently than the other colors.
As far as I can tell there were no rare colors. Some of the colors are hard to distinguish unless they are put next to each other.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As far as I can tell there were no rare colors. Some of the colors are hard to distinguish unless they are put next to each other.
You're probably right. I was just going by what my two accounts received... had just one yellow out of the bunch.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gah.. the only thing that comes to mind is....... You guys are Nuts! = P They are flowers... how in the world do you find that interesting collecting pointless items in different hues? Anyway nvm heh I just couldn't resist.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*grumbles* I was hoping i almost had a full set of colors/names but back to looking for more

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to collect a full set of Mesanna tagged Poinettias. I have 9 different colors at the moment and was wondering gif anyone has figured out how many colors there are total?
At 6500 turn-in points who cares? I got mega turn in points on shards I play but don't have a house on, and saved valuable bank box space. Sadly, the useless (to me on those same shards) grass and snow tiles don't stack.

Cyrese Tor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe im missing number 2 poinsetta on LS, I have some to trade if need be (mesanna's only).

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol my eyes are hurting....just after the 12 colours with 11 names..lol...obvoius one name will have to appear twice....rather annoying to be fair..lol...in CC anyways

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorted actually putting them inside a xmas box helped a lot...rather than a dark box.......aka rowanelizebeth.........taaaaaaaaaa

btw everyone it helps if u look at the screen at a 45 degree' rather than straight at it..the colours looks less close..hope that helps anyone in CC

Last edited: