• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many patches with a clean ML install?

D

davebobbit

Hey,

Its been a year or more since i logged in and will have to download a new client. I only want to log in to check if my house and stuff is all still there, so im not that bothered about which client i use. I do however want to minimise the bandwidth that I use to do this.

Does anyone know roughly how many MB (or GB!) i will require to download all the patches to bring the Mondain's Legacy client up to date?

It's either that or the new 3D client, which I imagine is a few GB?

Cheers,
Dave

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If its been a year, the only thing(s) that are there, are your characters and whatever items they had in their backpacks/bankbox/stables...Your house(s) are long gone...well, they're at least 8 months gone...

And to stay on topic, a lot of patches...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, the phrase I would use is:

A Whole Bunch of patches...don't be in a rush to log in :p

D

davebobbit

I have been paying my account all this time, so im hoping everything is still there! Thats what the community told me before I left anyway...

Anyway, does anyone know if there is a list of patches that contains the size in MB of each one? I dont think the regular patch notes include that info :(

Cheers

D

Dragonchilde

If you have been paying for your accounts, and your houses are not grandfathered (that is, have to be refreshed manually by opening the door) then they will still be there.

If you have the standard one-house-per-account thing, and you've been paying for your account, then it should still be there. houses like that are automatically refreshed, and will be there when you log in.

They only start to decay roughly three months after you stop paying for the account.

C

Clarifier

If you have been paying for your accounts, and your houses are not grandfathered (that is, have to be refreshed manually by opening the door)
Just FYI, grandfathered houses don't have to be refreshed either. :)

T

Teeshy

I have been paying my account all this time, so im hoping everything is still there! Thats what the community told me before I left anyway...

Anyway, does anyone know if there is a list of patches that contains the size in MB of each one? I dont think the regular patch notes include that info :(

Cheers
Actually there is somewhere I think, on UOGuide - I'll try find it later today when I can get back online =)

*edits* I was wrong, or at least, I can't find it =(

Here is a list of all the patches, so you can at least see how many there is between where you are, and now =)

F

Farscape

Actually there is somewhere I think, on UOGuide - I'll try find it later today when I can get back online =)

*edits* I was wrong, or at least, I can't find it =(

Here is a list of all the patches, so you can at least see how many there is between where you are, and now =)
More patches than disk space feel like first Aid:p

D

davebobbit

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I actually just dived in and went for it with the 2d download from the Mondains Legacy web site.

I was pleasantly suprised to see that when I started installing it, it was actually a 9th Anniversary edition download - not the original ML one. There were only 12 patches in total after I installed it, totalling well under 100MB, bringing it up to version 6.0.12.0

So just in case this is useful to anyone else, The full bandwidth used was around 750mb, including the installation file and patches.

Cheers

Edit: PS. yeah all my stuff was still there! *breathes a sigh of relief*