• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many have completed Bane Chosen Quest?

Bane Chosen Quest have you finished it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering how many people have finished the new Bane Chosen Quest?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing very few. I got sssssuuuuppperrr bored after like 200 points. :p

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm at 1700 points, but I can't stand to do more than 100 points a per day I play UO and I don't have more than 3 evenings time per week for the game (I got a life, ya know...).

S

Sevin0oo0

it's an Awful grind getting the armor, I got just one piece more to go. all 80's & blessed, it'd make great noobie armor, which is what i'll prol do w/ mine

Nails

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
much of my disintrest as i voted is from how unconnected the quest feels and how meaning less killing the stuff feels. It is also an absurd amount of points. There is so much time inbetween steps and just a plain lack of excitement around it

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This quest smacks of a distraction thrown at us by the Dev Team. They have yet to figure out that we don't like tedium in our gameplay.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where can i find stuff about the whole bane quest stuff? I tried uo-guide but there was only the old stuff with the ophids and nothing about virtue armor.

I kill the banes at the virtuality shrine until all where dead. There was no second stage and the loyality points come way to slow ...

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's an Awful grind getting the armor, I got just one piece more to go. all 80's & blessed, it'd make great noobie armor, which is what i'll prol do w/ mine
ARMOUR!!!!!!! i thought it was just the book of truth quest

please enlighten me!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm surprised more peeps didn't vote on how annoying it is to get the virtue armor pieces but I guess you can just spawn that. Eh, that's my vote :) but real reason is the other content (halloween / fishing mibs / high seas) is more interesting.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would have voted for both if i could. the whole quest is terrible. just a grind. many like me probably fall into the "not interested" catagory?

C

Cloak&Dagger

I don't even know what to vote as, "not interested" perhaps? I mean, I want to be interested but it really is just such a drain on my life to kill anything that much.....there is not even a fast enough way to do it to make me care. I am ok with difficult, but grinding is not my idea of difficult -.-

S

Sevin0oo0

ARMOOUR!!!!!!! i thounhgt it was jsut the book of truth quest

please enlighten me!
>> What armor?
Yes, you get an a Book of Truth in some condition (is the stealable one open faced?).
Getting the virtue Armor set to turn in is just a quick side trip on the quest, I think you only need 7/8 pieces(no robe).

edit: I say 'quick' - several hrs a day ea. day, and maybe you'll be done before the magincia event is over. It's not any easier than it ever has been getting the pieces either.
I think it was a 'trick or treat' Trick from the Dev's.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had 90 peices of virtue armor I had saved up hoping for another spring turn in event. so I did the the quest on all six of my characters to just get rid of lockdowns in my house.

S

Sevin0oo0

i know im one of the few, i found it fun,:thumbup1: took me 3 day's
Could you share kinda what you do?

Here's what I've been doing in the Dungeons of Sin:
Shame: start, do both mage towers, kill all ele's on the way out.
Wrong: kill everything, 2-3 times on the lower level
Deceit: everything,incl the liches
Despise: pretty much everything, ogre lords & titans 2-3 times.
Cove: everything w/ extra time at elder gazers
Hythloth:I farm demons till I get about 30k gp
sometimes- Destard: snakes, ele's & drakes at the N end, lvl 1
Rinse and repeat

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im a stealth tamer, i got a GD ,i went to compassion where u can go to the under world where all the meer are and i let my GD go to town killing meer,:thumbup1: thats all there is to it

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a couple sets of spare virtue armor laying around but farming thousands of meer is "teh suxxor". No thanks. If meer gave more points or if farming them was more interesting, then maybe I'd participate.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had to choose NOT interested.

Why because the Bane are EVIL. I'm a Knight why in the heck would I do anything to help Evil?

Seems to me that many of the quests for things are for those who are Evil.

So I've not cared one way or the other.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sank the time into it, as asked by the quest giver.

I am going to be LARGELY upset if it was all for not or if they make a 'rules change' to more accomodate those that did not put in the effort.

And don't get me wrong...if I made a mistake by putting in the time because if negatively effects the storyline, so be it....just don't change the rules midway to get the outcome.

I realize this game has to respond to the community with it's decisions, and there is history of screwing over those that follow the instructions, but it turns into one more straw on the camel's back.

Tell ya what, if they water this thing down they should at least let me name a street in Magincia on my 'home' shard.

Daany/Jo

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just hate that there's so little information about these quests. No idea what to do and what to get.

It just makes me not want to bother to play.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LC: You've been told what the reward for completing this quest is in a least two other threads... Kill meer to 7,500 loyalty points, go through the Book of Truth quest at the Britain moongate, talk to Miegen at the Magincia moongate, sacrifice book obtained from the first quest, get rewarded by a corrupted book of truth with your name on it.

It's rather simple. A seriously tedious grind thats about as fun as a root canal, but simple.

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whopping five percent completion rate even among the dedicated types who post on forums. What do you think the completion rate is among the general populace? One or two percent, tops?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I turned in a virtue set for the Book of Truth, but I have no intention of helping the Bane. Here's hoping I can use my uncorrupted Book of Truth for something virtuous in the near future!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has anyone ever advanced the spawn in Ilshenar? did we get confirmation that it does not?

that's the largest deterrent to all this, I think.... also, for me at least, is the unsettling feeling of murdering blue creatures

P

Phineas le Monge

Gaining points when they were actively at war was tedious ---now that they are just standing around? Sorry, too much of a grind to bother. If they are not going to do anything move them away from spirit gate - its just annoying walking through there...

C

Cloak&Dagger

I just hate that there's so little information about these quests. No idea what to do and what to get.

It just makes me not want to bother to play.
Are you serious? You want them to hand you a personal guide or what?

What happen to people and the fun of figuring the puzzle out themselves? All of the recent events have basically been handed to you in a bag, even this one.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has anyone ever advanced the spawn in Ilshenar? did we get confirmation that it does not?

that's the largest deterrent to all this, I think.... also, for me at least, is the unsettling feeling of murdering blue creatures
The spawn in Ilshenar does abosolutely NOTHING but stand there to be killed. No advancement. No Meer. No battle between the two groups that are supposed to be fighting. No fun.

When this was patched in, the Cliloc spoilers showed that there was something called "Gift of the Eternal" and "Feline's Grace." They were presumed to be the rewards from a Meer chest - that never materialized.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My virtuous warrior refuses to fight for a mysterious Bane that is hell bent on killing Ophidians. They can wipe each other out for all I care. And I won't kill the innocent Meer. The Queen has not sanctioned this killing, strangely, she has not made a stand against the obvious Bane advancement. Why no loyalty for defending the Meer?

On the other hand, my mischievous necro is eager to kill for fun, but where's the Anti-hero that will pay him well for the deed?

This event was nothing but a test of the new loyalty system. I want a REAL EVENT. Real consequences for my loyalty. I want a story line. This is all a mish-mash.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was sitting on 10 armour pieces before the event went live (which made 3x3 bits of sets, 1 spare piece) having bought them all in Luna. Since then the prices have gone through the roof as people understand what they are for, and I can't simply afford them without grinding hours each day for the gold. Instead, I've taken all my characters that need training still into the dungeons, and fought the hardest things I dare risk... I have had 3 drops, 2 Jaanas Staff and one Virtue piece, in about 20 hours of work over the last few weeks.

I have also received gifts from people who've saved them for years, enough to complete one set. I handed it for the Book of Truth but absolute did not join the Bane. I will not do it on any other character either, as I want the Virtues to prevail... I'm assuming however that the first part is expressing Humility. However as due to poor scripting I'm not sure that it is, I've no real motivation to risk it by completing even more books at such a monstrous grind to get the armour pieces... not if it's just helping the Bane.

I'll continue to train in Dungeons just in case we can later help Humility further, but for now my interest in the event has gone again. I voted on the Armour pieces as that's the real frustration for me, but even were they dropping like candy I'd still be cautious.

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So. I've talked to someone who is in the know, and the developers are well aware of this situation. There are massive changes and developments in the works that haven't been announced yet, and which one might expect to see around the middle of the coming month.

They're not going to go "Didn't grind thousands of meer? Time is up, eff you!" or anything, so we can relax.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1863331 said:
Really? On Napa? Cause Otis is out there everyday lmfao....
:gee: :yell::shots::bdh:

that sums up whats goin on with me and the meers lol
..back to the meers