• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many GMs are left??

• Thread starter sapphirediablo11
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Trevelyan

You could email Mesanna or someone I guess, who might be able to tell you how many customer support reps are available for working on UO, but UO hasn't had it's own GMs as such for ages. They work over other games as well, I think DAoC and some Pogo stuff.

J

jelinidas

I'd say at least one. Someone has to keep the Auto-response hampster fed.

Last time I had a need, I got a auto response that had NOTHING related to the call. *shrugs and moves on*

K

Katlene

they need to give up this working from the same place poop.
a gm in the same country as the aussies would be a good start so they arnt half asleep when we are all wide awake. even in the same local as the servers for other shards so there isnt so much lag.
hell id do it for free if it meant that we wernt 52nd in queue and didnt have to wait 13 hours for a responce.

S

sapphirediablo11

you got it bad 52.. i'm always 12... only all four of my accounts i'm always 12 :| no matter what day or time, i am 12... and sometimes, if i'm really lucky i don't even get in line :D

Shameful Joy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you got it bad 52.. i'm always 12... only all four of my accounts i'm always 12 :| no matter what day or time, i am 12... and sometimes, if i'm really lucky i don't even get in line :D

Yea Im always 6th in Queue, no matter what, and after 2 hours Im still 6th in Queue. Probably really 50 people in Queue and everyones says 6th, that way they have hope

M

Maggie

I was very excited this week. I paged a GM and was 20 in que. I droped to 13 in Que in less than thirty minutes. I was in shock! Alas it was not to continue. I was on 13 for an hour and half before I had to log for the day.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One time I was 8th in queue, in 20 mins dropped to 6th, then not even 10 mins later, got an answer. First and only time I've ever paged a GM

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many GM's are left in all of UO???
Do you mean in the states or in India? :D

Actually, I think that's incorrect as well. The phone-in customer support may be outsourced to India, but I have always thought the in-game GMs were specific to the shard locations and are on 24/7 shifts. Specifically I am thinking about french/german/italian/japanese/korean/chinese speaking GMs for the Europe and Asian shards. Some players don't speak English well or at all.

Oh, yes, and the aussie shard too. Need aussie speaking GMs there. Can't have GMs that don't know what's a dingo...

S

ShaunOfPac

Again, this is why UO is going to die. Before, I would page and be 60 in the queue. An hour later, I'd get an ACTUAL GM show up and talk with me and try to figure out whats wrong. If you paged to report someone cheating, it was almost immediate. Now I page and am #8 in the queue, wait 2 hours, and get a canned response that has absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with the reason I paged.

S

sapphirediablo11

They are like the ecomomy sometimes plenty sometimes not a single one :yell:
LOL, hrmm i think there has to be atleast one... but i'm not sure about it...

Again, this is why UO is going to die. Before, I would page and be 60 in the queue. An hour later, I'd get an ACTUAL GM show up and talk with me and try to figure out whats wrong. If you paged to report someone cheating, it was almost immediate. Now I page and am #8 in the queue, wait 2 hours, and get a canned response that has absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with the reason I paged.
I miss the real GMs apearing before you to help out all your problems and show care for the person, and not the wallet...

Still waiting fo a real # not a many-none guestimate. :O

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unlike some that remember the when without toiling through all the good and bad that took place after a break, I have preached for years the lack of ingame GMs (with a backbone) was a big Homer. The biggest exodus of honest players from the game was when the guys in nifty red robes showed up. Best month was 18 scripters popped in one month. I used my second system to time set the scripter and give the GMs a 30sec window of when the cheat would show up. Return to the location and page with main account and observe from a distance on my stealther for the axe to fall. My miner got so well known that I had GMs showing up within a few minutes becuase my pages hdd been researched. Even had a few times a GM came to my miner's location and unofficially praise my effort.
Using time tested methods it took me four days with two accounts at the same time to get a BOD scripter banned.
16 days on two accounts repeatedly paging and two houses side by side with script miners. Today that leads to a chain of canned responses and threats of my account being banned for paging to much. My actions may have been excessive, and them saving me money banning decade old accounts, I had been left to feel in the wrong untill both the homes got burned to the ground passing the dillweed crown back to them.(dillweed covering all those ****ered words)
A vendor just restocked ingots in Luna and I challenge anyone taking any part of our monthly fees to mine what was restocked on that vendor to not get paid again till they actively mine that many ingots. Hope you have a months pay saved up or are retired like I am and can mine all day. Even players that have the time to do the tedious things, wont do it becuase it is a heartless task that is tarnished when you have to mine next to a fire beetleless/hide in safe area/no packy/recalling DILLWEED.
Welp good venting, back to the dialup flashback with all this cool lag.