• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Alchemy] How long to make...

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick Survey:

How long does it take you to make 1000 potions, assuming you have the reagents and bottles (or kegs) on hand?

How long does it take you to make 1000 potions if you have to buy the reagents from NPCs?

Do you think potion making should be able to be made quicker?

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It depends on what you are making and how much you fail.

For a low fail rate pots like poison potions and having all needed items, it should not take longer than 30 to 35 min to make 1000 potions (it takes about 3 min 35 sec to make 1 keg).

For higher fail rate pots like Deadly poison and having all the needed items, it could take as much as 1 hr and 40 min to make 1000 potions. (It takes about 9-10 min to make 1 DP Keg). But, depending on your own fail rate, it could take more or less time.

I always keep my regs, bottles, Kegs, and tools stocked, but if I had to count the time need to gather all the necessary supplies and make the kegs--I would guess an additional 30-40 min of time would not be unreasonable. But, I have never actually timed it!

**Thanks to Pinco's UI in the EC as the use of the hourglass as an ingame chronometer makes doing stuff like this pretty easy:)**

Hope that helps:)

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye that does help.

Keeps me from losing my mind and thinking I am doing something wrong.
I was pulling about 40 minutes for the 1000 when I had all necessary ingredients on the low-no fail pots.

I usually am grinding pots while i recall around to restock supplies so not sure if I could break that time out either.

But potions is still something that tempts me by screaming "You know those illegal programs probably have a script to do this" but I actually pride myself on avoiding said programs.

I would love to see a "make all you can at once" option sort of like some of the cooking menu items (like charcoal) The time factor on gathering and restocking reags to make potions would still be limiting to most. A good restock takes a couple hours of game play just to work the vendors up to 999 counts.

As is, potion vendoring is a losing proposition. To make it somewhat competitive in profitability column (with respect to hours of ATTENDED game play) you would have to sell a potion for 50 gold more than the cost to make. But as soon as you get up to that prices, players decide it is not worth it and go make themselves a GM Alchemist to do their bidding. Catch 22 thing I guess. I will still make them as a lead loss type item but honestly wish the game mechanics would change on this. You can make money more quickly from selling empty bottles.

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya, it is time consuming, but with "make max" things are much easire than the old days and no need to script:)