• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How long did it take for ML

• Thread starter mjolnir131
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

mjolnir131

i can't remember but was the down time for the ML release that long?

S

SpaceYourFace

AoS launch compared to SA launch

Ok so now its after Noon. I seem to remember that UPS had delivered my copy of AoS and I had downloaded it. Upgraded my account. Crashed about 20 times trying to log in. Finnaly getting in, Looked around luna and saw that all housing was filled. Checked Umbra and saw all housing around the town was filled and decided to place an 18 x 18 right outside a large cave that went through one of the mountains. This was all done BEFORE NOON!!!!!! I already had my friggen chilvery to the mid 60s by this time.

This seems like the worst launch of an expansion that ive seen. Hell when LBR came out and i went to the mall to buy it only to find out that I needed a new video card to run the damn thing, I was able to go back to the mall and pick up a video card, put it in my computer and play in Ilsh before friggen 12 am.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: AoS launch compared to SA launch

Wow... you had a better AOS experience than most then. I remember it being a massive nightmare.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: AoS launch compared to SA launch

I remember buying a house placement tool that wouldn't show up in my backpack. I purchased 20 and they were invisible. Finally I was able to buy one from a different vendor and I placed a house in Umbra. A few months later I died on that character and upon resurrection, I had 20 house placement tools in my backback. Let's see what SA has in store for us. :)

S

SpaceYourFace

The hardest part of AoS was actually going through the moongate to malas. Thats the part where I crashed 20 times. I do remember the server going down quite a bit throughout the next few days but I had already accomplished my main goal of getting a large house within the first couple hours. Befor that I was living out of a small marble house.

I actually switched days at work with someone so I could be off this morning for this and now im kicking myself in the ass because If I had just went ahead and worked Id be off in an hour and 40 min. How much you wanna bet the servers will still be down?

M

Mephistos

AoS was a nightmare, that's not to say there's not going to be any "I survived the Stygian Abyss™ launch" items coming soon...

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Age of Shadows was different than any other expansion because they had to process every item in the game. It took about 10 hours to do and the servers were down for most of the day. This was done the day before launch.

The day of launch it was whoever could get to the store and back the quickest.

S

SpaceYourFace

AoS was a nightmare, that's not to say there's not going to be any "I survived the Stygian Abyss™ launch" items coming soon...
I would like some of those sandals that you could dye any color again. I seem to have lost mine over the years and never see any for sale due to the fact everyone else picked neon colored sandals.