• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How is this for a template?

E

Elevener

So I have stuff on stones, and wondered how this would work:

Stealing
Stealth
Hiding
Snooping
Ninjitsu
Necromancy
Spirit Speak

Not sure if I have seen this combo in other listed templates, but my concern is how well Ninja and Necro go together.

T

Timothy_SP

So I have stuff on stones, and wondered how this would work:

Stealing
Stealth
Hiding
Snooping
Ninjitsu
Necromancy
Spirit Speak

Not sure if I have seen this combo in other listed templates, but my concern is how well Ninja and Necro go together.
Wraith is nice for the "push through" in Felucca facet. You plan on doing combat of some sort?

No Recall/Journey/Gate?

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Recall/Journey/Gate?
Wraith form gives you 100% recall (just need to carry the regs of course or LRC). Not sure if that still holds true Seige, since I don't have a Necro there.

Give it a whirl Elevener. Might need to develop a couple different tricks, but the worst that happens is you stone it off again. Might make a very interesting Champ thief.

Q

T

Timothy_SP

Wraith form gives you 100% recall (just need to carry the regs of course or LRC). Not sure if that still holds true Seige, since I don't have a Necro there.

Give it a whirl Elevener. Might need to develop a couple different tricks, but the worst that happens is you stone it off again. Might make a very interesting Champ thief.

Q
Only way to travel on Siege is with Gate Travel Spell, Moongates, or those new Crystal Portals. Wasn't aware of the recall thing on normal shards, but I've been away from UO nearly 4 years. Much has changed.

@OP: What is the Necromancy going to be used for other than Recalling? Don't you need a weapon skill to make some of the spells work right?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, could be interesting. I can see how wraith form will be really nice for stalking. No one can run into you.

However I don't think you can stealth through people in wraith form without getting revealed.

T

Timothy_SP

However I don't think you can stealth through people in wraith form without getting revealed.
Oh that's right...Siege is the only shard that doesn't have Passive Detect. :-/ Not sure how much Wraith would be worth it then.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the spell- evil omen is it? can turn your poisoned stars into lethal poison. That might come in handy

E

Elevener

Lots of Siege talk here, I am on a production shard. Thanks for the input, after all the items on the suit I will have 60 points free.

Not sure what would work best, my first thoughts are resist. How bout herding?

lol

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a character with a template like that with out the snooping for factions. It was actually quite an amazing character.

120 mage 106 necro 120 ss 80 stealing 120 stealth 100 hiding 74 ninnja. I used a s/c mage weap and it was probably the funnest character I ever played. I only used llama/ostard forum for animal form but it was good enough. I had a ton of points.. This was before the point system changed and I had 20 - 30 points on my thief at all times and I died a lot.. because.. well cmon... I was a thief. If you're not dying in the factions you're not trying hard enough. Anyway.. The suit was hard to make back then but with imbuing now..its pretty easy... Good template.. :)

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh that's right...Siege is the only shard that doesn't have Passive Detect. :-/ Not sure how much Wraith would be worth it then.
Well what I meant was that stealthing through people will always reveal you, not due to passive detect, but due to the fact you are running into people. Even while in wraith form.

While wraith form makes you able to go through people without losing stam, the game will still treat it as you running into people and reveal you while stealthing.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well what I meant was that stealthing through people will always reveal you, not due to passive detect, but due to the fact you are running into people. Even while in wraith form.

While wraith form makes you able to go through people without losing stam, the game will still treat it as you running into people and reveal you while stealthing.
If you run into them it reveals you. If they run over you while you are in wrath form you should still stay invised and they won't know they ran over you.

I'd have to check on this, I haven't played in 8 months and I can't recall if it was still like this.

C

Cruxshadow

the thing that sucks about wraith form is, once you make the steal you are visible and since you are a wraith you are REALLY slow and you have to cast out of wraith and then cast into animal form to escape. by that time you'll be dead. so, unless you have a piece of invis clothing or can cast invist as soon as you steal, you probably wont get away.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use a remove ward tali on urself while ur hidden. Thats how I used to do it. They may have changed it so you cant do it on urself if ur hidden, but just pop out and steal, use the remove ward talismen and then animal form away. Lol my thief had so many UOA macros its not funny. Thieves really are the funnest character you can play.