• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] How is this done?

C

Caelas

Ok, so I was looking at bows today and saw this baby...

Hit Mana 30
Velocity 40
Magic Arrow 48
Ash
SSI 30
DI 40
Lower Req. 20

Ok, so...we have a bow that I am assuming was first made with some sort of runic to get the Mana, Velocity, and Magic Arrow...then enhanced with Ash for the SSI and DI...but how did they get the amounts so dang high?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First of all, it was MADE with Ash. You don't make ANYTHING with normal materials, then enhance later - you're almost certain to destroy anything worth enhancing that way. And, ASH doesn't give any DI - it gives 10% SSI and the 20% Lower Requirements. The DI can be from being Exceptional made with GM Arms Lore.

The Magic Arrow 48% is 96% intensity, which means it was made with a Heartwood Fletching runic, which is the one that allows up to 100% intensity. Interestingly enough, it only has 4 properties, other than those of the material and being exceptional.

C

Caelas

Ok, so it was made with Ash with a Heartwood runic...
So if ash only gives 10% SSI...the other 20% came from...exceptional? OR did the runic add some SSI on top of what was already there?

And please excuse my newbness...I've never really done crafting before.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, it's 10% from the wood, 20% from the runic property.

S

Sir Kenga

The Magic Arrow 48% is 96% intensity, which means it was made with a Heartwood Fletching runic, which is the one that allows up to 100% intensity. Interestingly enough, it only has 4 properties, other than those of the material and being exceptional.
You say it AS IF there could be more than 4 props.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

First of all, it was MADE with Ash. You don't make ANYTHING with normal materials, then enhance later - you're almost certain to destroy anything worth enhancing that way. And, ASH doesn't give any DI - it gives 10% SSI and the 20% Lower Requirements. The DI can be from being Exceptional made with GM Arms Lore.

Hit Mana 30
Velocity 40
Magic Arrow 48
Ash
SSI 30
DI 40
Lower Req. 20

It seems, that the LRQ 20 is the 5th property :scholar:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lower Requirements is a property from the wood used, not the runic. The OP didn't know that it came from the wood, and thought Ash gave a DI bonus.

Hence the comment about 4 properties the two of you replied about.

T

Turdnugget

Ash will always give 10% SSI on a succesful enhance or craft. You can have more than 10% SSI using a runic to craft (not enhance) You're just guaranteed that 10% no matter what. It's a base property using Ash.

Kinda like Yew giving 5% HCI. If you enhance a bow that has 10% HCI with Yew, and succeed you'll have 15% HCI. If you CRAFT with Yew wood. You'll always have at least 5% HCI on the bow etc...

Most people always use Ash to enhance/Craft as Speed is always very key to an archers killing spree. Unless it's a Magical shortbow that has 20-30% SSI to begin with before enhancing... As it only has a 3 second weapon speed and most dexers can shoot at the 1.5 swing rate or very close that having that extra 10% SSI doesn't matter. So they'd go with like the 5%HCI or something...

I hope that helps =)

S

Sir Kenga

Btw if i craft with Yew and get 25 base HCI, will it become 30 from Yew boards?

T

Turdnugget

That would only happen if you first used a runic with regular wood, then used Yew. But chances are high that you would break it try to then enhance it... I'm not sure though. Worth a shot =) It'd suck if the other mods on the bow sucked though. I've made some pretty high HCI bows, but had other crappy mods. But I was only using an Ash runic with Ash wood.