How is everyone doing it?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
I'm curious, I see everyone running around with new suits, and talking about cashing in over a million points, and I can't help but wonder... How is everyone doing this?

I've turned in every item I have around my house that can be turned in, but I can't seem to figured out how to get massive amounts of points. How are you guys doing it?

L

Lord Richard

camping out in dungeons....turning in the arty drops for 10k points each.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Assuming you only have 5 characters (non-upgraded account), but they can handle the current scenario, you can get 250,000 points there.

Doom artifacts fetch good values as do the legacy dungeon artifacts (or if you have Heritage tokens you aren't using, the virtue armor from those)

Exodus minions and savages in Ilsh are good camp spots, lower point values, but a good fast drop rate.

The Tinker's Tools quest is probably one of the better Heartwood quests to run repeatedly (if you have KR especially) for talismen and recipes to hand in.

Fishing up SOSs if you have them.

Hunting for paragons (for chests and maps and minor arties)

Finally, Ophidians in T2A if you can thin the herd a little (or the red named ophids in Terathan if your shard still has them).

That's assuming you have nothing saved up from previous events, holidays, and whatnot.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 23, 2006
What Dermot said. I have 2 accounts, with 12 chars that i want to get the 50k points with.. 600k points right there.. theres your suit practically.. and yes, 10 years of pack-ratting holds true here.. but a mere fraction actually compared to the Mel tickets.

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2004
Duped arties more likely.

I have 10 years worth of gift crap/rares and whatnot that i turned in for a paltry 25k points.

D

Deb

130 months of "Hmmm I might need this one day"
The dungeons are good for artie drops as others have said or
doing the quests which can net you 50k in points per char also.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

I had 1.2 million in Phase 1 due mainly to rat coins and ophidian items. Probably once all is said and done, I'll have gone through about 2 million points, but the last 50-100k are a little rough.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 12, 2001
California
At one time I had around 400 Herritage tokens. I sold some and traded some till I was left with 260 tokens and each token gives one piece of herritage armor worth 10k points. I have a full scout suit and full sorceror suits plus atleast one of everything else really wanted and then I turned around and sold 1.41 million points for 59 mill gold. :)

I

Infiniti

I've been playing for seven years and discovered I'm a major packrat :blushing:. First I bought a Keep to store my horde of goodies in and then a castle as well. Mine I tell you....muhaha all mine...oh yeah, back to how I did it. Finally cleaned out both houses, well almost, still couldn't let it all go, lol :stretcher:

Parser

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Montclair VA
Idoc loot that was sitting around my house.
Cursed Arties from Beserkers during Magencia and their Scythes
Half of my rubble
Anti-Virtue dungeon drop items I collected in getting the full suit
6 chars x 2 quest x 25k pts

Only turned in a few vorporal blades/pyros staffs. I died too many times to turn them all in.

Killing one Vanguard at a time to Save UO since most people don't care if we get invaded.

Think I have 2.6 mil pts give or take. One of these days I'll cash them in but heck there is a war going on and now is not the time to think of one's self.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
Um....... Over 100 months..... I'm an incurable packrat!...... I have 8 accounts.... with over 40 characters... I like hunting! And I never throw anything away.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 7, 2008
Nowhere, Fast
well, you know you can get 50k pts per char slot. so just made trial accounts for free and it's 6 char slots x 50k pts each. it's a near-infinite supply of points as long as you have credit cards. (assuming you even need more than one card)

Z

Zodiac19

I have 4 accounts 26 peeps at 50K per do the math. Not to mention I had 500K to start with from all the crap i've held onto over the years. I'm only half way done on round two and have enough points for what I want from the turn-in.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 2, 2003

I have 10 years worth of gift crap/rares and whatnot that i turned in for a paltry 25k points.
Thats embarassing man. Why would you admit to that?

Gifts/xmass stuff is worthless.

The points are in cursed arties at 5k each. I had well over 100 from the stupid magencia event. For awhile they dropped 2 and 3 at a time from the monsters. I filled up a chest of them. 100x5k = 500k

Lets see - rat coins. I had around 600 of those. Yes, copper not worth much - but I had about 45 gold ones at 10k each - there is 450k.

Doom arties- as soon as they announced the change I bought up every crappy doom arty that was cheap. I bought berzerker mauls for 75k gold. These gave 10k points. I probably turned in another 300k points in doom arties.

Then there were the staff of pyros and vorpal blades. I had around 25 of each on GL alone. Thats 2,500 points x 50 or 125k points.

Now don't forget tmaps - back in the Miassma days I used to pop the chest and save all the level 6 maps. I have over 125 of them at 1k each.

And of course - rubble at 800pts each or something like that. I used my stealther on a less populated shard and between tram and fel I horaded about 900 rubble pieces. Even the crappy sand pieces that looked like dust gives the same points. Keep the good rubble - donate the rest. I donated about 500 pieces x 800 = 400k.

etc...

And I haven't played anywhere near 100 months. Its just a matter of saving the right things. Above is about 2 mil in points that I got just in the last couple years. I'm happy to have turned it all in. Most was collecting dust. And seriously - after you have 3 or 4 pyros staffs - do you need 20 more? Donate.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 4, 2008
7 million and counting ... powergaming (no cheating though believe it or not)

J

Juicy Fruit

2 acounts 12 characs 50k each, Bunch of arties/virtue dungen arties, 26 heritage tokens, and I made a good guess that the other virtue items would be worth 10k so I went around and bought every ankh pendant/maps/armor pieces that I could find for 100k - 150k (had 46 of those) so that turned out to be the best forthought I could have made ...

L

Lord Drakelord

I'm curious, I see everyone running around with new suits, and talking about cashing in over a million points, and I can't help but wonder... How is everyone doing this?

I've turned in every item I have around my house that can be turned in, but I can't seem to figured out how to get massive amounts of points. How are you guys doing it?

Well stuff left over since 1999, hording virtue armor items, doing Doom, taking every charactor we had and doing Melissa and Casca, 1.5 million points there alone [having friends to res me there helps alot]. Turning in ever single item we could fine on that list, fishing stuff, maps, skulls from champ spawns, we had so many t maps that it took several trips for them, and doing the level 6 map for the arty and turning in the complete maps was fun, 1.5k pts there each time. Had over 500 planeshields/swords, over 200 Vanguards swords/shields, Cursed arties from events before this. All those points add up in a hurry. Be sure to insure the ticket at Melissa or recall out as soon as you get it as monster can loot it if you die down there.

Now xsharding with people on the Casca rescues, check the shard traders section for more on that.

C

Connor_Graham

Just because you didn't do well doesn't mean everyone cheated to get what they had.

To answer the OP:

83 Berserker Scythes
500 Planswords/Shields
100 Obsidian Swords/Shields
50ish Cursed Arties
10 Heritage Tokens
15 Virtue Armor pieces
4 chests full of junk I've saved over the past 4 yrs.
3mil worth of items bought from every vendor in Luna along with every vendor mall I had a rune to at 1-30g per point which I turned around and sold for 80-90g per point.
40-70k per day farming points from Heartwood quests.

F

Farscape

To me it was a winter clean out man a BIG clean out like a cyclone went through all my castles whooosh

S

Sarphus

When I was actually farming points pretty heavily, I was farming vanguards. Now I just passively farm them, because I don't really need more suits. I also did the casca quest with my 14 characters on 2 shards. Some people are exploiting the casca quest like crazy for points (it is the easiest way to get lots of points). I got about 2 million of my points from vanguards, though.

The thing I like about getting points from vanguards is that you occasionally get nice shields that can be enhanced.

Another thing you can do is go through your house and clean out all your storage of all exchangeable items. I did that. I hate clutter.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I haven't participated in the turn in so I don't know the answer to this question, but... can you turn in the Cursed Artifacts for points, if so how many points?

D

Deadly Shadow

very good have at least one of everything. and got rid of a lot of lockdowns. castle can breathe now

L

Lord Kynd

Assuming you only have 5 characters (non-upgraded account), but they can handle the current scenario, you can get 250,000 points there.

Doom artifacts fetch good values as do the legacy dungeon artifacts (or if you have Heritage tokens you aren't using, the virtue armor from those)

Exodus minions and savages in Ilsh are good camp spots, lower point values, but a good fast drop rate.

The Tinker's Tools quest is probably one of the better Heartwood quests to run repeatedly (if you have KR especially) for talismen and recipes to hand in.

Fishing up SOSs if you have them.

Hunting for paragons (for chests and maps and minor arties)

Finally, Ophidians in T2A if you can thin the herd a little (or the red named ophids in Terathan if your shard still has them).

That's assuming you have nothing saved up from previous events, holidays, and whatnot.

hey, just wanted to say thanks for posting this in my threed asking what is best to hunt for points.:thumbsup:
kinda off topic in this threed tho...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
I guess it was just a matter of poor timing for me. I have only been back from a 4 year break for about a year, and before I left I had sold off everything I owned.