• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How is damage calculated for new bard mastery effects?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll come back and correct if the formulas are off.
But basically for tribulation, at 120 Discord, you're bonus damage will be 60%.

So if say you are in doom gauntlet and using tribulation on a dark father.
If an archer hits the DF for 200 damage. If you're tribulation procs, you will hit the dark father for an 60% of that damage, so 120 physical.
The chance you have to trigger that damage out at 120 musicianship I think would be around 80%. (I'll have to check the exact math)

You could also be up beside him fighting and triggering the damage yourself.

All damage from tribulation is attributed to the bard.

A curse, a corpse skin, a bless. All are dispellable buffs/debuffs. The only way to remove the bard buff is to interrupt the bard directly.
The abilities mana cost grows linearly though the bonuses apply on a less linear scale. 1 Person with 20+ extra HP and periodic healing, is a nice thing.
Two people, one person and a pet that is alot of gain for 2 mana.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the offensive spellsongs its exactly like samurai honor. First tag wins.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually if you're a bard not in a party and you ran tribulation on a dark father, you could grab a nice slayer and hammer away at him until you were interrupted, and for that duration you'd be stacking your damage along with a percentage of the damage being done by everyone else. So potentially if you sat back and did nothing, as it was suggested you may still get looting rights, but if say you ran in with enemy of one on you and a slayer before tagging the DF with tribulation, you'd probably be close to matching or exceeding any single templates damage output on the df.
(in theory, it will all depend on how often you are interrupted.)

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trib triggers of anyone's damage.
So you'll get the luck of the roll. Sometimes someone will hit for 200 and you'll get 60% of that, other times it may trigger off someone's 10 damage.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As soon as i figure out how to not have the bard mage dropping instant nukes on everyone in the game by running tribulation, I'll let you know the best way for you to take advantage.
Maybe having tribulation only trigger off other people damage, or really reducing the chance to trigger by the bards damage. Still figuring it out.

The idea behind tribulation is a reverse party ability. Where most other abilities the bard helps himself and in turn helps the whole party, tribulation is the whole party helping the bard.