• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How is a pets strength factored into damage?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Excellent question. And how does Intelligence fit in?

Strength does more mele damage......Int does more magic damage

That's my guess. Don't know though.

And if you use Armore Ignore does that only use strength?

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Maxed my Str on one pet, didn't see an increase in damage. The standard 24-33 seemed to apply.

Cereal2K

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I based my calculations on the normal 0.3xStr (+5 if >=100). I read that those rules still apply for pets which seems to be pretty much the case with my observations.(It feels like it's +5 per 100 strength)
The following calculations are based on a pet with 100 Anatomy and Tactics (+123,75% DMG) and 24-33 Base damage

200 STR (+70% Damage) 71-97 Dmg
500 STR (+175% Damage) 96-132 Dmg
700 STR (+245% Damage) 113-155 Dmg

No idea how int factors into magic damage and which spells are affected as I generally avoid damage casting pets. :)

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wonderful! Do you have to hit 500 or 700 to get the increased damage or is 600 somewhere between?

I based my calculations on the normal 0.3xStr (+5 if >=100). I read that those rules still apply for pets which seems to be pretty much the case with my observations.(It feels like it's +5 per 100 strength)
The following calculations are based on a pet with 100 Anatomy and Tactics (+123,75% DMG) and 24-33 Base damage

200 STR (+70% Damage) 71-97 Dmg
500 STR (+175% Damage) 96-132 Dmg
700 STR (+245% Damage) 113-155 Dmg

No idea how int factors into magic damage and which spells are affected as I generally avoid damage casting pets. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maxed my Str on one pet, didn't see an increase in damage. The standard 24-33 seemed to apply.
Interim Caps on Base Damage
Base damage per second is capped based on slot level, the maximum of 22 only being attainable when options are applied to a 4 slot pet, raising it to 5 slot. This figure is not the same as the base damage figure shown on the animal lore gump, base damage per second of 22 will show on the pet’s lore gump as base damage 24 – 33

• 1 raising to 2: 8
  • 2 raising to 3: 13
  • 3 raising to 4: 17
  • 4 raising to 5: 22

Can you or @Cereal2K decipher this? Is there a way that I could be adding too much strength to one of my pets because I have already reached the cap?

Should I add strength in increments and check the lore screen for 24 - 33?

Cereal2K

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You dont have to hit specific numbers I just took 3 strength values to give a bit of a range for comparison so you can see at a glance how much difference it is and to decide wether or not you feel it's necessary to spend that many points on it but any number in between scales linearly the only thing that gives a slight boost (5%) is every full 100 strength you hit.

From what I understand the base damage in the lore gump isnt adjusted for any stats your pet has, the actual damage the pet does is the base damage multiplied by the stats like strength tactics etc.
I'm not sure how they get from 22 to the range of 24-33 but I've done all the calculations based on 24-33.

While I'm not a 100% sure this is exactly how the calculations work (specifically the 5% per 100 strength) the damage on my pet lines up with those numbers exactly so it's safe to assume it's accurate within a small margin of error.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You dont have to hit specific numbers I just took 3 strength values to give a bit of a range for comparison so you can see at a glance how much difference it is and to decide wether or not you feel it's necessary to spend that many points on it but any number in between scales linearly the only thing that gives a slight boost (5%) is every full 100 strength you hit.

From what I understand the base damage in the lore gump isnt adjusted for any stats your pet has, the actual damage the pet does is the base damage multiplied by the stats like strength tactics etc.
I'm not sure how they get from 22 to the range of 24-33 but I've done all the calculations based on 24-33.

While I'm not a 100% sure this is exactly how the calculations work (specifically the 5% per 100 strength) the damage on my pet lines up with those numbers exactly so it's safe to assume it's accurate within a small margin of error.
And if the pet advances in wrestling/anatomy/tactics skill the actual damage will increase?

I m just hoping there isn't some hidden cap that will hinder the damage.

Cereal2K

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Wrestling only determines the hit/to be hit chance but yes anatomy and tactics increase damage (55% and 68,75% at 100 points respectively)
There is no cap other than what is attainable strength is capped at 700 and cant be overcapped by much except for I believe the shadow wyrm which can reach like 1000 str but I've only read about that and havent confirmed shadow wyrms myself.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wrestling only determines the hit/to be hit chance but yes anatomy and tactics increase damage (55% and 68,75% at 100 points respectively)
There is no cap other than what is attainable strength is capped at 700 and cant be overcapped by much except for I believe the shadow wyrm which can reach like 1000 str but I've only read about that and havent confirmed shadow wyrms myself.
Ok, thanks

Wrestling hit chance

Anatomy/Tactics Damage

Thank you.

Now determine the Mana /Mana regen numbers that are needed for a magical pet. Chiv/Magery/Spellweave/Myst :Begging:

And Tamers can be :banana:.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, pet's share the same damage calculations involving STR, Tactics and Anatomy as players do. Shadow Wyrms can spawn with up to 1,030 STR.
INT wasn't influencing pet spell damage at all, until i notified Bleak of it. He then changed it to where it slightly influences spell damage, but nowhere near what it does for players. For players, every 10 INT increases spell damage by 1%, this is not the case for pets.
I had a Serpentine Dragon and WW with GM Eval, and the Serpentine Dragon had 588 more INT than the WW. Both were casting on a 0 resists Drone outside of New Haven on TC, and the Serpentine Dragon was only doing 9 more damage with Flamestrike than the WW was. Mind you, that was against a 0 Resists target, so the damage difference will be much lower against higher Resists targets. Like that 588 more INT would've made only a 2-3 damage difference against a target with 60-70 Resists.
I still have to test if INT affects the mana regeneration rate for pets.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so i get the feeling that 120 tactics isn't overly worth it when you figure 700 str is something like +200%, and gm to 120 tactics is worth something like 20%??

did i get that right?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so based on the numbers and formulas ive seen, this seems pretty close to accurate
upload_2017-5-12_0-31-30.png

upload_2017-5-12_0-28-42.png

upload_2017-5-12_0-30-38.png

so if correct, the shadow wyrm would do something like this:

upload_2017-5-12_0-32-20.png

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just tested intel a bit, and noticed a similiar result as playerskill. this was against a player so 30% reduction factored in, but with gm eval/125int an exp against 70 resist did 11. with gm eval and 700 int, it did 13. a bit more effective then against monsters. intel is 6x cheaper stat though then str

Cereal2K

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I wish we knew if tactics factors into pet mastery efficiency like when giving a pet wrestling or slashing mastery...imo for the tiny amount of extra damage it does it's not even remotely worth a 120PS

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So Tactics out Intelligence for magic pets in???

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish we knew if tactics factors into pet mastery efficiency like when giving a pet wrestling or slashing mastery...imo for the tiny amount of extra damage it does it's not even remotely worth a 120PS
Might just give um 115s. The difference in price would be large, and in effect negligible.