• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How does someone...

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wear another factioneers armor?? I have seen two people on Sonoma wearing there alts faction armor...I know they dont do name changes as I have seen both characters with 10 mins of each other and multiple times in a nite so taht is out of the question. Example

Joe is wearing Mikes faction armor....

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know is inst supposed to be able to happen, but I have seen it as well on Chessy. This morning i tried and failed to switch an artie between my 2 faction chars. Sorry that I dont have an answer for you.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The code must allow faction gear to be swapped between players on the same account? *shrugs* If this can be proven, I would believe the devs might actually try to make it character specific.

No worries about this on Siege as we only have one character per account...la

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Normally I don't even pay attention to the name on the other persons faction gear, but I'll try to watch for it now (something to do while in stat). I'll try switching gear with chars on the same account and then with chars on different accounts and see if anything happens (I doubt it but its worth a try). What faction were they in? I'm wondering if maybe they were in one faction at one time, then switched to another, if maybe that effected it somehow.

S

Sage360

I bought a Stormgrip while on my mage, to give to my warrior character, both on the same account, both in same faction. The warrior cannot use them now, because I bought them on the other character. If there is a way around this, legally, that would be great.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen it once but it was because they used a name change token.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I see the two different named characters all the time at Yew and also at MX base (guild is MX). I am just curious as too how it was done and for sure the legality of it. I got all my artifacts already for faction chars so not a big deal for me, but I hate seeing guilds abusing a system like that. The two different people I have seen doing it have been in the same guild though.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not only seen it, I took screenshots. It was actually two people, though they are named almost identically, but they were both wearing items with a third name on them, so I doubt it was a name change token thing.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could have they have been using a disguise kit or had incognito spell in effect when they acquired the armor? Or are the names you're seeing on the armor unlikely to be names that the game assigns in either situation?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could have they have been using a disguise kit or had incognito spell in effect when they acquired the armor? Or are the names you're seeing on the armor unlikely to be names that the game assigns in either situation?

That doesn't appear "likely", but you never know with UO. *shrugs*

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No...names are upper and lowercase letters in both names on one and other char has weird names that would not be generated.