• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you turn a Tabard into one with stats?

mihali

Sage
That is cool. Have not done shrine battles yet. Do you get this gump after the battle? And the "existing reward" in the picture can be any cloak with stats as long as it is in your backpack? In the shrine battle, can it be soloed with proper character/pet? Or the hardness of the battle really needs several players? You put the stones on the correct shrine color, then it auto starts spawning enemies? Will do a little research on it. Ty in advance .

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All my characters are weak I tried to solo them gave up
I play cc no add-ons and don’t have a sampy or exploited pet or the pre patched legendary armor with all the extra mods
Oh and more importantly I don’t have any macros or any eye hand coordination with good reflexes :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can't solo unless you run 5+ clients at a time. It's like Blackthorns dungeon...there are 3 *captains* per round, 3 rounds. LOTS of spawn, not easy...you must get enough hits on each boss in each round to qualify for a tabard.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain how do you do it with your expendable characters?
And can you make Tabard of SSI epps or hawkwind only?
That is cool. Have not done shrine battles yet. Do you get this gump after the battle? And the "existing reward" in the picture can be any cloak with stats as long as it is in your backpack? In the shrine battle, can it be soloed with proper character/pet? Or the hardness of the battle really needs several players? You put the stones on the correct shrine color, then it auto starts spawning enemies? Will do a little research on it. Ty in advance .

We do it as a group on LS. This was meant as a Group encounter.

It can turn into a Cluster Omelet very fast.

8 correct color Fragments releases the spawn. Less if someone happened to drop fragments to see what happens.
The ones who want a tabard must drop enough fragments to get that color title. Just takes 1 if you dont have a color title.
The spawn pops and kills all the NOOBs standing around.
The dropper that releases the spawn should be an experienced Battler. So NOOBs start dropping after the first round and not drop #8
You have to get loot rights on 8 Captains at the same shrine. If you get Fellowship items from a Captain, you got credit.
Each round has 3 Captains.
So you need to do Three battles at the same Shrine. To make sure you get credit for 8 captains.

You need 24 of the correct color fragments to do 3 Battles.
The Captains and mobs are the same as Blackthorns.
Have a leader that directs. And should drop the 8th Fragment.
The group should hang back until the spawn pops.
The leader pulls one of the non teleporting Captains and spawn away from the other spawn and toward the group.
The Mobs give no credit so let the others kill them, until that Captain turns red.
Make sure everyone is on the same Captain so you do not have 1 group on one and one on another so everyone gets credit.
You get no credit if you are dead when the Captain dies, so only attack Captains and stay alive. Let the experienced players kill Mobs.
Players who do Blackthorns understand how to separate Captains and their mobs. And what each Captain does.
Some Captains hop around a lot and you have to chase them, do those last.

On LS we go in a group. All players can be in a party and stay, just like at Blackthorns.

If Sess is on I can take my NOOB characters. I run Peace Mastery and he runs Provocation Masteries.
I use My tamer to kill Mobs and heal or invis the NOOBs as needed. I take the pet off the Captain once he is in a spot so others will get credit easier.
I can use GM skill Swordsman with sword and shield.
Or I can use a Mage with GM skills. I can eat a Magery Primer one to use Deathray. At GM your EVs are hard to make and die too fast. Cast spells throw G Explosion potions and any other damaging potions you have.

The two Bards songs will keep my Swordsman alive, he rarely has to back off. I make them with 50 Chivalry and 50 Lumber Jack. I put GM Tactics, Anatomy, Swords, Resist, Parry on him from soulstones. He gains the rest in Focus. I start him with 50 Lumberjack and 50 Chivalry. He can do short bursts on EoO. fails a lot.

You can only get 1 Tabard per toon.

I get a Tabard and kill them off. I make them the same names as the last ones so the Macros work.

Since we are in a lull, if anyone wants to come get a Tabard on LS you can let me know and Ill set it up, we would do it in primetime Nights. They just did like 8 Mels with Sess tonight. I can loan you a Necklace on LS.

Play games win prizes.

1676952667020.png

Then you have to go in the Well of Souls to get the Tabard. You need an Activated Necklace to get in.

Necklace activation info here. But only the Necklace activation still works. You do not need to do those quests, you just need an activated necklace. If you dont have a necklace at all you have to buy a non activated one from the Pirate Vendor.

This encounter was part of Jolly Roger. They probably will not take this encounter away.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This only allows you to turn a Hawkwinds into a Tabard.

This was before Transmog potions, so its the only kind of change we had.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sess gave me this sword he found a long time ago and I grabbed a shield with SSI, DI and DCI on it.

This guy has done some IDOCs so he has high stats, STR Dex.

I usually have the stats that they are created with and they do not gain a lot during the 3 fights.

They usually never gain more than 1 point in Chiv.

He wears 5 studded pieces and a cap that has stats that all match a dexxer.
1676958261608.png
1676957924543.png

gwen

Slightly Crazed
thanks, @Pawain I will ask guys on my shard if and when shrine battles are done . I never done that quest at all.

One last question : can you transmogrify SSI epaulette with potion from UO store to make all-race SSI epps ?

Anyway I will be able to do those battles with my normal fighters first. Thanks for all explanations.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thanks, @Pawain I will ask guys on my shard if and when shrine battles are done . I never done that quest at all.

One last question : can you transmogrify SSI epaulette with potion from UO store to make all-race SSI epps ?

Anyway I will be able to do those battles with my normal fighters first. Thanks for all explanations.
You just need an activated necklace at the end. You only need to do the Quest parts that are left to activate the necklace. If someone has done the quests they can activate a necklace at the correct time of day.

No you can not use any Epaulettes as a Transmog source. Have to get the Garg ones for a Garg.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you want your own Necklace you can do parts of the quest.

Buy a Fellowship Medallion from the Pirate Vendor at Bucs.
Then put it on to do parts of the quest.

You only have to do some parts now. You get sheet Music.
1676960924681.png
You can take all your Lutes and Shaminos Lutes to the Ilsh Castle and play them to make the play Stones.
You can do this over and over or take a bunch at once and play each.
1676961010633.png

You get no items from the struck out parts and I don't think the Body or book is still there.

QUEST​
  1. Get a Fellowship Medallion by turning in 8 Fellowship Coins to the NPC's in Blackthorn Dungeon, and keep it equipped. Get from Vendor
  2. Acquire a Lute and a Clock from NPC vendors (other ways to tell time will also work)
  3. Locate Jack's shipwreck on the SE side of Ice Island.
  4. Read the book on the ground near the Shipwreck (Optional: Use Forensics on Jack's body)
  5. Head to Iver's Rounding, West of Skara Brae
  6. Talk to Shamino
  7. Talk to the ghosts on Iver's Rounding that appear between 12:00am and 4:00am in-game time
  8. Head to the second floor of Castle British and talk to Sherry the Mouse (need to be wearing medallion)
  9. Play the Lutes in the correct order to unlock the strongbox: C4, D, E, F, G, A, B, C5
  10. Get the Sheet Music for Stones from the strongbox near Sherry the Mouse
  11. Head to Compassion Shrine in Ilshenar and run N/NE into the mountains, find the trapdoor at 122.25N 0.29W
  12. Enter Castle Salle Dacil and wait until in-game time is between 12:00pm and 9:00pm
  13. Go into the SE room (with the Sandalwood Box and Wedding Dress), and play the Lute
  14. This activates the Medallion and allows the Lute to play Stones, can play more lutes now or come back.
  15. Go back to Iver's Rounding and enter the Well of Souls
  16. Talk to Hawkwind
1676960530799.png