• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you speed Pirating up?

mihali

Sage
First of all I want to thank the expert posters here for taking the time to help with ideas and questions.
Several things I found, having played CC mostly as sampire and mystic mage for the most part.
First EC I found EC to be interesting and very much fun, still getting the hang of it, so far ok.
Also the high seas content is pretty fun, but it has some gliches for me one of them is time.

The SOS is fast enough and I can get the SOS fishing and "solving" 5 sos at a time is pretty fast.
The Pirate hunting is pretty time consuming, esp bringing the pirate back to the officer either in Tokuno or the Market.
Finding the pirate by coords and tracking when close is not too bad.
Beacons are fairly straightforward and relatively fast moving experience.
For me it is the Pirate hunting with bringing back the pirate all the way to the Market or the Tokuno officer that
takes long time. I may be doing something wrong. You actually have to bring your ship with the bound pirate
all the way up to the officer?

(Is 45-60 minutes per pirate way too long? Or is it normal?)
Any ideas? Ty in advance.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
if you are doing pirating in Tokuno
you just have to have your ship in the same server

example:
I go south from the docks into that area
you just have to arrest the pirate
and cross back over the server line
(everyone else doesn't have to recall to the docks either, just the owner of the ship)

mihali

Sage
Sweet info! Also you get the cargo from the Officer when you bring the pirate in, plus some gold plus the orc ship part probably worth 1-3 M, plus the occasional Fire or Cold cannonball. Pirate takes very short to bring down to 3-4% otherwise. I hope that after one does that same server thing, we can cash in the prisoner pirate and get another quest same way, rinse and repeat. Also I suspect you can get any pirate prisoner, not just the named ones on the bulletin board and bring to the officer?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
yes any pirate can be turned in.

also to make it faster
you can use a ship that you are a captain
to go after the pirate

when it is bound, it goes to YOUR ship
so you can keep it parked near the server line
and just move that ship over the server line

(you can have a ship in the water from another character on the same account and its like you own it, but pirates are moved to the ship that you placed)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(Is 45-60 minutes per pirate way too long? Or is it normal?)
Any ideas? Ty in advance.
Yikes! Way too long. I only use Tokuno. There is always a pirate within a few screens of the dock exit.

Since you have 2 guys.

Ignore the beacon, I am testing a strategy.

Put one guy where the player is, they can load 4 cannons at once Put another guy where the orange oval is, they can load the other 2. Leave the cannon gump open while loading or it stops.

1711324197808.png

Then make macros that say:
Fire Port Broadside (left side)
Fire Starboard Broadside (right side)

Those fire all 3 cannons on that side.

Takes 11 shots to scuttle an orc ship.

So you fire the 6 shots quickly, reload, fire the other 6.

You can load the middle cannons with grapeshot to anger the crew.

I do not worry about the crew. My pet chomps them in 1 bite when we hop over.

Like Cinderella said you can stay on the Dock server and get those pirates and just recall.

All party members get a Deed or Credit for Capture, whether they do anything or not.
Any Pirate works, the calling out name is just Immersion.

I also do not Capture them, pets kill them so fast, its hard to stop them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A ship spawned next to me while making that post. I have those 3 6500s in my dreams sometimes.

1711324788569.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It takes up a lot of room but I put the cannon gumps on the side so I know which are ready.

I am after Doubloons so Id rather do beacons. With 4 toons you get much more Doubloons than a ship.
A Mythic crate is worth 10 of the next highest. I get 4 mythic per beacon plus the baby crates from the sea monsters. I timed beacons the other day, I can do them in 4 to 5min.

1711325388603.png