• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you manage your checks?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I've been out of this for quite a while.

I don't have a lot of money but am wondering about what do you do with checks? their limit is 1 mill, right?

So people who have I don't know how many Billion...where do they keep this? Surely not in the bank?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep I keep all my gold on a vendor at my house. I can withdraw it as and when needed.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I always wanted to build a house from cheques and let it fall and drop ten harbringers as it falls.

The perfect dream.
I've actually been to a house like this; someone built a house on one of the trammel islands, filled it with chests full of goodies and greater dragons, dug up a treasure chest nearby, then dropped the house. Then proceeded to pop three or four harbingers. It was a death trap. Got a lot of gray robes. Best time ever.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been out of this for quite a while.

I don't have a lot of money but am wondering about what do you do with checks? their limit is 1 mill, right?

So people who have I don't know how many Billion...where do they keep this? Surely not in the bank?
I keep a hundred million or so liquid in the bank in checks on one character. From there I keep another 200 million on a vendor at my house called 'ATM'. I withdraw as needed. From there as I accumulate I buy items that have value that I can sell easily for gold. It used o be transfer tokens when they were going for 15-20mil. I'd snap them up knowing they likely won't get devalued. Easier to store 10 of those than 200mil. Of course, as the value of those rose - so did my fortune.

I keep most of my wealth in items. Boxes of ethy's, tokens, resources, etc. If I sold all my excess I do not know where I would put the $$.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easiest way is use the vendor as a atm....think the limit stated is 1 gold short of 2 billion...thats the max per vendor...

The devs were talking of scrapping gold checks.....i hope thats gonna be in the next publish....will stop the dupers to some extent

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Easiest way is use the vendor as a atm....think the limit stated is 1 gold short of 2 billion...thats the max per vendor...

The devs were talking of scrapping gold checks.....i hope thats gonna be in the next publish....will stop the dupers to some extent
so what will we have instead of checks? Piles of 60K only??? hope not...

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
so what will we have instead of checks? Piles of 60K only??? hope not...
I think it will be more of an account balance type thing, no physical object to hold (and therefore dupe).

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I keep about 100m in the bank, then either store the rest on vendors, or invest the gold by buying rares to fill my house with. If I ever need the gold back, I just sell some rares.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have a lot of gold, but I tend to keep it mostly on one character to keep from spending it on the spot on my non-hunting characters.

There are two cartoon that recently referenced Scrooge McDuck. This is 3 for me! Maybe I'll be coming into some gold soon!

Steven Universe and Teen Titans. I love cartoons and UO is a cartoon I can live in!!!! oh man... I think I need a break.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I guess I max have around 50 mil on 6 accounts together, so I have no problem with having them in my bank

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have played forever I spend it across my main account maybe 5-10 mill in gold on checks in gold piles and on vendors ..

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am always cash poor but sold a bunch of barbed kits, mythic tokens and other junk on Atlantic over the last few days. Was quite suprised to see my Vendors had 980,000,000 gold on them this morning. Being the frugal person that I am .......... I was well below 1 million left by this evening...... I am broke again but I have lots more really cool junk now. And that is how I manage my UO gold ;)

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cam manage your gold for you. I am starting an rp guild called GB (gold budget).

For a nominal ten percent of your wealth my high trained team will invest your gold and fingers crossed, make you even richer.