• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you guys feel about the change with good/evil classes?

S

Seleene

Just want to get your take on the changes with evil classes in good cities and good classes in evil cities on PvP servers.

Tell me how you feel!

I

Ilysess

This is a really good question! Personally I am in two minds about the changes

On one hand I think its excellent because now I can finally play my conjurer in Freeport, try a hand at being a ranger and a few other things. Plus there is the obvious benefit of having access to all classes for groups, raids etc. However that in itself is a double edge sword.

Although it has been speculated about alot, I dont think weve received a solid answer from the development team as to why this change was made, but its pretty certain that the reason is because people on the PVP servers were having "problems" with T8 raid progression that was not occuring on the PVE servers. The solution that the players came up with was to exile, and progress that way, which imo is pretty intelligent and not in any way against the game mechanics. I mean really if you can survive at level 80 on a daily basis as an exile, when everyone in game can attack you, have at it lol

Exiling meant having access to all 24 classes thereby making it easier to complete the harder t8 tiered zones. It also meant abandoning your guilds and friends and becoming the enemy.

The problem though is that people were finally succeeding both on the Qeynos and Freeport side without having to exile. We were accomplishing these "impossible" zones without having all the classes and without abandoning our friends just for mythical weaps. Sure itll make it easier on us to have them now, but I guess its a sense of pride that alot of us wanted to achieve the same as the exiles were capable of, unfortunately now we wont be able to. Sure we can say we wont take any of the new classes, but honestly whos gonna believe it.

So ultimately its good and bad. The only thing I do wish is that Sony had taken a bit more time in making this decision and accepted some feedback from the PVP community before deciding to go ahead with it.

S

Seleene

I didn't know that people were succeeding with out having all classes, but I'm guessing they were the elite of the elite guilds doing so?

I

Ilysess

LOL I wouldnt call us that, just a collection of various T8 players working together. But we were in Veeshans Peak which is more than alot can say I guess, although now it doesnt really seem as relevant as im sure many will be there shortly.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sort of dislike what its doing to the lore. But, after putting my assassin through two days of faction grinding so I can get a true ranged class rather than the assassin that they were pawning off on us as a ranger alternative.. I don't think I want things to go back the way they were. ;)

Donate fused loams to the Upgrade My CA's campagin! XD

T

trepas

I think the change is great for guilds, but I don't like it. If you're a Necro... and you decide you want to be good, continuing to control undead and poisoning people definitely seems like a conflict of interest....

I

Ilysess

I agree Trepas, if you read the public forums there are some pretty creative people out there who can fantasize almost any "story" to make things fit but to me it just doesnt seem right in certain instances.

Evil Paladin? lol

D

danialclarcke

I would not call us, just a different set of actors with a T8. But we were Veeshans Peak, which is much more than you can say I think, but now does not really seem to be as important as I'm sure many will be there shortly.

wowgames

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I sort of dislike what its doing to the lore. I didn't know that people were succeeding with out having all classes.