• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you get SOAs?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I was reading about it on UOGuide but they seem to talk in the past, how it used to be, etc.

How do you do it now?

Thanks.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get them as loot in treasure hunts.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is that the only way???
No champion spawns?
You can get SOT's during champion spawns but not SOA's. I think maps is the only place to get them but I might be wrong.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So you have to do treasure hunting to get SOA's? Great...looks like I need a new character...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can also get them from clean up points, but what you get is random.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ones in treasure hunts aren't random?
Yes they are totally random. You can use cleanup points to collect an SOA as a reward but you cannot pick which one you get.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Well if i go for rewards i'd rather spend it on other things like lucky jewel sets, but it's good to know there's the option. Any good advice on how to get good points?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of my points come from treasure hunt stuff :D minor arties, completed maps, recipes, creeping vines, refinements etc can all give points. Power crystals from Exodus minions etc are pretty easy to get too.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
It's a shame some SOAs aren't easy to find on Europa, at least on vendors. But good to know what gives nice points for rewards.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have a vendor, I tend to sell when I see someone asking in chat, and then I don't know what price to ask. Sometimes I put a related group in to Amantala's auction. Send me a pm if you're looking for particular ones. I'll look in my book.