• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do YOU earn your gold?

S

sayler04

I havn't logged in in a few months, and was just curious how people are making their living these days. For me, I had a pretty lucrative vendor house for a while, but don't know if I wanna bother with that right now. SO, I guess consider it a survey question: how do YOU earn your gold?

M

MoneyMaker

Hunt the elussive Oni. Oh and vendors too.
Not the best way to make gold, but I really only do it to get insurance money anyways. anything over a few mil for me, is just not worth the effort of killing that many to make the gold. I would just rather go do what it takes to get said item (unless its a rare/reward/no longer spawning).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ilshenar Champion Spawns and the occasional vendor. Most my vendors lose money, but I price stuff mostly at 10% of the Luna rate for jewelry, weapons and armor.

People know of my shop spread word of it by word of mouth, or wander in from passing it (outside Yew, near the Cemetary, so anyone doing the Hag quest probably passes it). When I get such a customer, I probably make enough money off one customer to pay the rest of the vendors for a month (and I give the stuff that doesn't sell to newbies and freshly-returned players, when I encounter them).

U

uoBuoY

Here's the best method I found...
Tame a marketable pet. Train pet on Swoops (2k gp, marties & feathers) and reasonably high-end magic-casters (gp & hides). Sell pet, marties, feathers & hides. Rinse and repeat. Keep the exceptional pets!

A

Arch Magus

As a solo player..

I take my necro mage out and look for Rat Spawns early morning/ late night. If I finish a Baracoon, then I have a good chance at 120 scrolls and Replicas. During the whole of the spawn I get Transcendence scrolls that can sell okay. The boss has good loot, and about 150k of gold.

If it turns out that someone has found me out and I get raided....I mount up and have as much fun as I can killing them all.:D

G

GFY

It really depends on what character I feel like playing that day.

If I'm in a mage mood I grab my mage and a bog of sending (thank god they put them back to "normal") and run down to the Ice dungeon with my Demon Slayer spell book and kill Ice Fiends. I can run through a full bag in no time.

If I'm in a tamer mood I grab a pet and go kill Oni or blood Elementals or whatever my pet can kill easily.

If I'm in the mood for archery I'll grab my ABC Archer and head over to Doom. Good gold, (I know a legal way to send gold out of Doom) and if I get an arty even better gold!

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I farm Trog's in the Painted Cave when I need quick gold. Around 450gp a pop and they spawn almost as fast as I can kill them (which is pretty darn fast).

W

wee papa smurf

The easiest way is simple... get a stealther with a bag of sending and wander the felluca spawn sights! Most guilds will leave the spawn sight with the gold all over the floor, i make easily over a mill a day and thats not doing it for that long! And hey even if the guild is trying to pick up all the gold just snatch it from under them lol

Meet your new best friend>> Mr Smoke Bomb!!

:danceb:

S

sayler04

So many different methods! I think, before I left for a while, Oni wasnt around, or replicas, and BoS were still pretty useless. Glad they changed em back! Last I was active spring cleaning was pretty big, and I made LOADS selling points made off of I think it was power crystals from exo minions. Trogs are fun, too. Now that I'm coming back I think i'm gonna look into this replicas thing. Thanks for the tips!

D

Dragonchilde

I make a killing selling leather in Luna for non-Luna prices. I can make a few million a week with very little effort, and I only pay about 25k a week to the house I rent from.

K

Kazar

The old way. Hack and sack! I also have a vendor that sells a little bit of resources. I like to play the "old" way. I don't buy gold and I don't sell my rares. (Maybe for the right price!)

A

Arch Magus

The easiest way is simple... get a stealther with a bag of sending and wander the felluca spawn sights! Most guilds will leave the spawn sight with the gold all over the floor, i make easily over a mill a day and thats not doing it for that long! And hey even if the guild is trying to pick up all the gold just snatch it from under them lol

Meet your new best friend>> Mr Smoke Bomb!!

:danceb:
This

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just hang out at the new haven mage shop and buy regs and scrolls. scribe some scrolls, sell back to mage and repeat. costs about 13gp to buy the ingredients for one scroll and you can sell it to the NPC's for about 50gp. over time i make a very good profit. i just figure out how much it costs to make each scroll and how much i can sell it for to maximize my profits. Energy Bolt and Flame Strike are good ones to make becuase they only require 2 regs and you can sell to NPC's for a good profit. if your Inscription is high enough to scribe 8th circle spells you can fill spell books and sell them to players or fill a bag with all 64 spells and sell to players (i sell full spell sets for 12k).
this method of earning gold might not appeal to most people, but i make about 1 mill a week.

A

Arch Magus

i just hang out at the new haven mage shop and buy regs and scrolls. scribe some scrolls, sell back to mage and repeat. costs about 13gp to buy the ingredients for one scroll and you can sell it to the NPC's for about 50gp. over time i make a very good profit. i just figure out how much it costs to make each scroll and how much i can sell it for to maximize my profits. Energy Bolt and Flame Strike are good ones to make becuase they only require 2 regs and you can sell to NPC's for a good profit. if your Inscription is high enough to scribe 8th circle spells you can fill spell books and sell them to players or fill a bag with all 64 spells and sell to players (i sell full spell sets for 12k).
this method of earning gold might not appeal to most people, but i make about 1 mill a week.
Nice.
And while you are training, make spellbooks too. You can get some nice slayers that people will pay well for.

M

MuffinBear

I used a 20 dollar american express gift card to buy 20 million ultima gold.

I've spent 14.5 million of it so far.

A

Arch Magus

I used a 20 dollar american express gift card to buy 20 million ultima gold.

I've spent 14.5 million of it so far.
The title is "How do YOU earn your gold?"

not buy.

For the record, I have bought gold before because it's so cheap, so I'll condone it.

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soloing Peerless's. Soloing a coon and rikktor spawn. Soloing Doom.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I hunt, Oni, Succubi, Elder Gazers, Blood Elementals, do Illshnar Champ spawns, Peerless, T-Hunt solo, basicly find any monster that has >500 gold on it and spawns frequently and that you can kill relatively quickly without too much trouble... as dying costs more than you can make back...

While your doing that it's a good idea to work at building up honor and sacrifice while your at it...

A

Arch Magus

Here's another great spot, for a stealth mage. You don't even need a slayer book, just reliable EV's.

Stealth to Lissith and Sabrix's spot in the Twisted weald.
Just drag some of the annoying junk offscreen like Irk and Guile.
Lay some ev's and they tear those 2 spiders pretty fast. over 2k a pop, and now with bags of sending working you could stay there all day.
it's really easy money, with some decent loot.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I "double" young players money in New Haven.
(Take the money and log out.)

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soloing Peerless's. Soloing a coon and rikktor spawn. Soloing Doom.
What's your technique for soloing rikktor?
The whole spawn is possible for a single archer to solo, just take a dragon slayer bow and a reptile/snake/ophidian bow and you're good to go. Best to take a necro char or a shortbow with mana leech (for the AOE special) for the first two tiers if you have one, otherwise you'll waste alot of arrows killing off snakes etc.

When Rikktor pops lead it away from spawn and just kite it around, it starts huffing when its about to do the earthquake attack so you can just move offscreen til you hear it go.

W

Wilde1

work the first 3 levels of fel champ spawns and sell the pink transcendence scrolls. dont even need a finished character for that. just be sure to bank the scrolls as you get them so you dont get killed by a roaming red.

T

thelust6

Rikkitor's easy for an archer with a semi decent bow, just keep a few tiles ahead and plink away solo till it's dead.