• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you craft a 100% poison weapon?

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did looking the craftsman's tool box sub-forum and got utterly confused.

Do you enhance, imbue, or reforge? any help is appreciated.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
enhance with runic hammer not sure what one been very long time, no idea what ignots to use either.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
U can use copper runic hammers, of quality 3charges not powerful
but you are not as likely to get a clean weapon as if you use shadow with 4 charges..
To OP if you go to the crafters forum you will find a thread entitles "How do I build...." most of the typical builds ( IE 100% elemental damage, 100% HML, 100HLL etc etc etc) are all in there.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but you are not as likely to get a clean weapon as if you use shadow with 4 charges..
What? In my experience, both methods yield the same average. Copper does increase chance to get more properties, but removing Powerful from the selection compensates for it.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So this topic clearly doesn't belong here, yet here it is.....JC makes a post that truly is a "General" Ultima Online topic, and its moved stat to a completely off-topic forum.....

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone forget to mention you will go through 10-30 or more runic hammers before you get one....

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and I thought UO's new website would include a forum.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't mind seeing questions on anything related to UO gameplay in UO Hall
I don't think you really mean that. There is a reason there are Template forums, trade forums, shard forums, and general discussion forums. If every single discussion was crammed into gen discussion it would be a mess.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I don't think you really mean that. There is a reason there are Template forums, trade forums, shard forums, and general discussion forums. If every single discussion was crammed into gen discussion it would be a mess.
Back in the day when UO had more players, I would agree with you but as it stands, the posts are nowhere where they once used to be. The forums do need trimmed down.

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back in the day when UO had more players, I would agree with you but as it stands, the posts are nowhere where they once used to be. The forums do need trimmed down.

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk
I agree there needs to be some trimming, but not genocide. I agree, all templates could probobly be in one forum w/ title tagging. Shard trade forums should be gone, but my main point of the original comment is stratics uses very selective moderation techniques. And that ends up alienating people.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone forget to mention you will go through 10-30 or more runic hammers before you get one....
the rng must really hate you...I average 1 per 20-25 reforge attempts so 80-100 uses. I cant remember how shadow hammers come ( cause I dupe all mine) 50 uses I think??? so then I get 1 per every 2 hammers. Far cry from 10-30 hammers!!!!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What? In my experience, both methods yield the same average. Copper does increase chance to get more properties, but removing Powerful from the selection compensates for it.
I find if your goal is clean 100% elemental weaps then shadow is around 3-4 times more effective and cheaper then copper.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not talking about forums for trading rares but I think any question regarding general game mechanics should be welcome in UHall, and I think asking about making an elemental weapon here is OK

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not talking about forums for trading rares but I think any question regarding general game mechanics should be welcome in UHall, and I think asking about making an elemental weapon here is OK
We'll agree to disagree then. The Craftsman forums are alive and kicking with this exact topic.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone. :D We got a 100% throwing weapon made for sis's char. Thanks again for all the help.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We might not be disagreeing, Hungry. Notice what DJAd did. The conversation was started here, maybe a simple answer suffices, if not, post a link to the more detailed discussion in the craftsman forum. It all depends on the level of detail wanted or needed. I don't want people to miss the detailed discussions in the crafts and trade forums - they're great resources - but I want people to feel free to ask questions here in our most general forum.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We might not be disagreeing, Hungry. Notice what DJAd did. The conversation was started here, maybe a simple answer suffices, if not, post a link to the more detailed discussion in the craftsman forum. It all depends on the level of detail wanted or needed. I don't want people to miss the detailed discussions in the crafts and trade forums - they're great resources - but I want people to feel free to ask questions here in our most general forum.
Someone completely new to the game/forums, yes I agree with you. A link to the best topic and forum would be great. However, when it is outright laziness from a seasoned forum member, who knows exactly how these forums work, and where things are it gets on my nerves. It upsets me even more than no moderator took action to move this to the correct forum, yet JC The Builder posts a great topic having to do with Ultima Online in general and within 95 minutes the topic is banished to Off-Topic.

Selective moderating due to personal issues really grinds my gears in a community.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Selective moderating due to personal issues really grinds my gears in a community.
His post was about paying people UO gold to write stuff for UO Guide. UO Guide is a business owned by him which he makes money from. I have posted a section of the Stratics terms of service below with the applicable part bolded. According to the terms of service his post actually should have been deleted entirely, however since we recognize it was an innocent attempt to help the community it was just moved to off-topic instead.

There are no personal issues between him and us by the way, we have been getting along rather well lately.

"By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not: defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others; publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information; upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents; upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer; advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages; conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters; download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner; falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded, restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services; violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service; harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; violate any applicable laws or regulations."

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
His post was about paying people UO gold to write stuff for UO Guide. UO Guide is a business owned by him which he makes money from. I have posted a section of the Stratics terms of service below with the applicable part bolded. According to the terms of service his post actually should have been deleted entirely, however since we recognize it was an innocent attempt to help the community it was just moved to off-topic instead.

There are no personal issues between him and us by the way, we have been getting along rather well lately.

"By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not: defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others; publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information; upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents; upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer; advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages; conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters; download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner; falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded, restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services; violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service; harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; violate any applicable laws or regulations."
So would that be kind of like you posting in SoTA stratics forum asking those of us that play to go to the official forums and get people from there to come over here?
" This is still a small community, but with your help we are hoping to build the community as much as possible. Most of you have an account on the main SotA forums, and know the people there. We are hoping that some of you could assist us in building this wonderful community by talking to your friends about using the SotA section of Stratics sometimes. We are not trying to steal members away from the main SotA forums, however it is always good to have a forum that is not directly tied to the game to offer an alternative to developer run forums."

Come on Norrington. His post was directly related to writing articles for a different site and asked the UHall for help. Your post in the SoTA section was directly related to getting more activity on this site which is a business, from a different site. They were one in the same.

It's hypocritical selective moderation. Why wasn't this post moved to Craftsman area again?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So would that be kind of like you posting in SoTA stratics forum asking those of us that play to go to the official forums and get people from there to come over here?
" This is still a small community, but with your help we are hoping to build the community as much as possible. Most of you have an account on the main SotA forums, and know the people there. We are hoping that some of you could assist us in building this wonderful community by talking to your friends about using the SotA section of Stratics sometimes. We are not trying to steal members away from the main SotA forums, however it is always good to have a forum that is not directly tied to the game to offer an alternative to developer run forums."

Come on Norrington. His post was directly related to writing articles for a different site and asked the UHall for help. Your post in the SoTA section was directly related to getting more activity on this site which is a business, from a different site. They were one in the same.

It's hypocritical selective moderation. Why wasn't this post moved to Craftsman area again?
Nope, that is nothing like my post actually. My post was not offering something in return, the rule says "advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose" I was not offering to buy or sell any goods or services in return for them asking their friends to post here sometimes, the people who choose to do so are not receiving any direct benefit from it, only a second forum they can post on if they want to. On the other hand the people who chose to accept JC's offer would be receiving the direct benefit of in game currency.

I am not the one who moved his post to off-topic btw, I am just explaining the reasoning for why it happened as explained to me by the person who did.

This post was not moved to the Craftsman area because although it does fit in that section of the website, it also falls under "general UO gameplay" which is what Uhall is for.

It's like this for example, in the trade forums we have Traders Hall and the Rares Forum. Traders Hall can have anything posted in it pretty much, including rares. The rares forum can only have rares posted there. So someone would be able to post their rare in Traders Hall if they want to even though it would fit better in the rares forum, however someone could not post a sword they crafted or something like that in the rares forum because it is not a rare.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope, that is nothing like my post actually. My post was not offering something in return, the rule says "advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose" I was not offering to buy or sell any goods or services in return for them asking their friends to post here sometimes, the people who choose to do so are not receiving any direct benefit from it, only a second forum they can post on if they want to. On the other hand the people who chose to accept JC's offer would be receiving the direct benefit of in game currency.

I am not the one who moved his post to off-topic btw, I am just explaining the reasoning for why it happened as explained to me by the person who did.

This post was not moved to the Craftsman area because although it does fit in that section of the website, it also falls under "general UO gameplay" which is what Uhall is for.

It's like this for example, in the trade forums we have Traders Hall and the Rares Forum. Traders Hall can have anything posted in it pretty much, including rares. The rares forum can only have rares posted there. So someone would be able to post their rare in Traders Hall if they want to even though it would fit better in the rares forum, however someone could not post a sword they crafted or something like that in the rares forum because it is not a rare.
I didn't mean to insinuate that you were the one that moved the post.

I think its foolish that JC possibly giving some UO gold to people willing to take their time to write articles about UO somehow constitutes running a business.

I think that this site AND that site make money off ads, which means users/impressions/clicks DO constitute a business purpose, which puts both posts on the same level.

"How do you craft a 100 poison weapon?" How in the world does that not belong in the craftsman forum? The whole forum is theory crafting on How-To craft this and that. That forum is more of how to craft this and that than it is about template building....

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Get a room.

kelmo

Old and in the way