• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do Powerscrolls on pets work?

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I searched a bit, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

How exactly do Powerscrolls work with pets? Do I have to have to select this and add the scroll during the slot-upgrade-process? Or do I just drag it on the pet at any time?

And can I use scrolls of Power, the Harrower ones that increase the stat cap?

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You cant use scrolls of power. PS work during the slot upgrade process. You will see in the window there are options to increase magic and fighting skills. To actually get the pet to accept the increase in skill cap you need to have the desired powerscroll on you at the time of upgrading. If you just look at the window you can see the difference in costs between different raises in each skill. For instance 120 wres/tactics costs 200 points while parry and anatomy cost 20. I recommend looking through the costs of each upgrade and properly determine how many points much be allocated to get your pet to your desired skill caps. Most people add them last and mentally know how many points they will end up needing to create their pet. Hope this helps, good luck.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Increase Magic Skill Caps and Increase Combat Skill Caps allow you to increase skill caps for various magical and combat related skills. This process requires the use of Power Scrolls and only increases the skill cap, you will still need to train the pet in the specific skill through traditional pet skill training. To raise a skill cap simply select the option while having the relevant powerscroll in your back pack.
from here: Animal Training – Ultima Online