• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do people get BOD's?

M

MrMiagi

Do people just visit the tailor every 5 hours to get them or do you sell stuff to the tailor npc and hope to get bods?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The BOD requests from selling stuff are too random and take too much time. Btw, it's 6 hours at 70 and above.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have 5 toons with .1 smith and .1 tailor I use these toons to collect small easybods and then I have 1 toon with 110 in smith and tailor who collects every 6 hours when I remember he also fills the easy bods when i have massed a pile of them and Ill turn in 30 or 40 at a time to collect higher end bods
thats my way of doing it

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you've created a character with 0.1 tailoring and Blacksmith just to be able to collect small BoDs to use with your GM tailor and smith allowing you to fill Large BoDs more efficiently?

If I'm understanding you right, that's a great idea. I'm running into problems filling Large BoDs in blacksmith right now. I didn't get enough of ringmail and chain main small BoDs when i was at lower skill. And now that my skill is about 70... I'm worried that I will no longer get the small Cain/Ring/Plate BoDs which would allow me to fill those coveted large BoDs.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
thats correct and at.1 you can collect every hour so you could get 24 max in a day for each tailoring and smithing per toon while a gm+ can get them every 6 hours so max 4 of each a day at .1 you have no chance to get colored bods

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Collecting 2 or 3 times a day is enough for me. There's no way I'd want to spend more time doing BOD runs.

But then I have 28 Smiths/Tailors, so 1 BOD run takes me a good 15-20 minutes.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
well I reopened my accounts a few months ago and all my bods and house and everything were gone so I had to start over again so I needed a way to build up my bods fast and am now getting to the point were i can start filling some of the larger colored bods so now I only replenish my smaller when I run low
and very seldom do I bod shop from player vendors
Flint LS shard