• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I transfer gold to another shard, please?

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone please explain or post a link detailing how I send gold to another shard now that checks can't be transferred? Thank you!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is actually wrong in one aspect, which is disappointing.

it says when you reach the destination shard you have to take the gold out of the transfer account, but you dont. it goes into the main account automatically. its actually kinda a pain if transferring multiple shards.

its also a bit confusing, the main account is linked to all your characters. but the transfer account is character specific. you have to put the gold into the transfer account on the actual character being transferred.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

it says when you reach the destination shard you have to take the gold out of the transfer account, but you dont. it goes into the main account automatically. its actually kinda a pain if transferring multiple shards.

its also a bit confusing, the main account is linked to all your characters. but the transfer account is character specific. you have to put the gold into the transfer account on the actual character being transferred.
Aye they seem to like making new additions to the game overly complicated!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

It's a royal Pain.. I transferred to a shard...... came back realized I left my gold back there. Now I have no idea which account did that and where I left the gold. I know it was about 70 Mil and I'd really like to have it back but the idea of logging in on every shard and running to the bank to see if that's the one that has the gold... I just don't want to do it.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
house placement tools are your friend...every character should have them on every shard

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a royal Pain.. I transferred to a shard...... came back realized I left my gold back there. Now I have no idea which account did that and where I left the gold. I know it was about 70 Mil and I'd really like to have it back but the idea of logging in on every shard and running to the bank to see if that's the one that has the gold... I just don't want to do it.
The Item Insurance Menu will tell you how much gold your characters have on a specific shard (other than Siege or Mugen).

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That makes perfect sense....Im not really sure why THAT of all things is confusing.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That makes perfect sense....Im not really sure why THAT of all things is confusing.
"The first is the currency account, referred to above, but the Transfer and Secure accounts are per character.
"Per Character" is at best vague.

"Any currency that a player wishes to transfer to another shard must be placed in the character’s ‘Character Transfer Account’."
this could be more clear if it said:
"Any currency a player wishes to transfer to another shard must be placed in the transfer account by the actual character to be transferred.

the way its written on uo.com doesnt fully differentiate the gold being transferred by the player to any of his characters, or specifically the character being transferred.

and thats just how its written. unless you actually went to UO.com its intuitive that since all character accounts are linked, all transfer accounts would also be linked. having to go outside of the game to understand that something in the game is in fact counter-intuitive is never the best option in a video game.

i wasnt saying that the uo.com itself is extremely confusing, its not (but i still think it could be more specific) just the overall process is confusing when you encounter it in game.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I just did a t/fer shopping spree to Atlantic, and I went into a panic once I was back 'home'.

I had left a considerable amount in my chars bank, on Atlantic. The panic set in when I believed I had not made any other char on Atlantic, that I had left for home and I had not moved my gp into my chars t/fer account.

Luckily I had made a 2nd char over there and he has all my spending gp safe and sound ...

So what would have happened if I didn't have that 2nd char there, where would have all my spendings have ended up ... * Poof !?!?!?!? *

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Log on and open the insurance menu and it will show you how much gold that account has, problem solved.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just did a t/fer shopping spree to Atlantic, and I went into a panic once I was back 'home'.

I had left a considerable amount in my chars bank, on Atlantic. The panic set in when I believed I had not made any other char on Atlantic, that I had left for home and I had not moved my gp into my chars t/fer account.

Luckily I had made a 2nd char over there and he has all my spending gp safe and sound ...

So what would have happened if I didn't have that 2nd char there, where would have all my spendings have ended up ... * Poof !?!?!?!? *
Gold is now account/shard bound. It is like your house, even if you delete the owner the house stays. I went through my 3rd account and deleted all the chars on one shard, didn't like the names, and made all new chars (6). House and Money were all still there.

Reactions: Pix