• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I leave the thieves guild?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know how to join, but how do I leave? Thanks :)

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The only reason I can see someone wanting to quit the thief guild is if they are tired of getting killed without the option of giving a count. The beauty of being in the guild (even if you don't steal from players) is that you get to use the disguise kit :)

Val'lyn

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I haven't been able to give counts since my time back on Atlantic (2000). Used to have an alternate character not in the thief guild so I could pull her out when people would start getting carried away with killing me on sight thinking they couldn't get a count.

*poof* they'd get a count and from time to time, go red, lol.

-Val'lyn

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only reason I can see someone wanting to quit the thief guild is if they are tired of getting killed without the option of giving a count. The beauty of being in the guild (even if you don't steal from players) is that you get to use the disguise kit :)

Val'lyn
being able to be looted by anyone in tram is also a pretty big reason to choose not to be in the npc thieves guild

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
being able to be looted by anyone in tram is also a pretty big reason to choose not to be in the npc thieves guild
Sorry, forgot what Trammel was :) Last time I was in Trammel, it was back when corpses went grey and looting in town and dungeons was fun.

-Val'lyn

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Val'lyn
You're also freely lootable regardless of facet if I'm not mistaken. I know for most people this only equates to pots and smoke bombs etc, but what if you rebuilt your toon as a dexxer or something and with all the bugs related to insured/blessed items dropping is it really worth risking them?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep lots of folk forget that you can be looted ANYWHERE when you die and you're in the thieves guild. Good reason to just not join.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I guess with insurance everyone has forgotten how to run around without worrying too much about getting looted. I suppose I'm old school. If I can't afford to lose an item or particular amount of gold...I go to the bank or drop it off at my house.

Being an old school thief sure has it's perks and being able to use the disguise kit and to be able to steal from other players is well worth the chance I might lose something that gets looted.

-Val'lyn

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just to clarify why I'm leaving the guild, I'm switching to a new thief char is all. She will join the thieves guild when completed. :p

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Val'lyn
If you are in the thieves guild, your corpses can also be freely looted in Trammel.