• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I go about gaining city loyalty in Trinsic now days?

Inanna of LS

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
How do I go about gaining city loyalty in Trinsic now days? I was hoping to be able to buy a city banner but can't seem to find out how to gain city loyalty. I googled it and only found old info that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can gain city loyalty by donating resources or gold to the crate by the Minister of Trade at Trinsic Docks. Another way is to pick up the quest from him to deliver goods to other cities. Taking the quest will put a crate/chest in your pack and when you mouse over it, it will show you what you need to fill it with and where to deliver it. You can buy the goods required in Trinsic from vendor npcs. You deliver to the trade minister at the receiving city. This will also give you karma and a reward (guild signs and books are the rare reward). Doing the quest also adds gold to the town treasury that the governor can use to get the buffs. During the journey you will be attacked by special mobs that have more hit points than their normal counterparts and are a little tougher than normal ones (orcs, gargoyles, ogres, etc). If you use a moongate to do the trade quest than you will not have a chance at getting one of the rare rewards.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As far as I know, now that The Awakening Arc is over, you can donate certain items to the ministers of Trade in the city you wish to gain loyalty in.

Before you could put out fires or arrest angry rioters, now you can donate things like boards, leather and hides...things like that. Now you just go to the docks in Trinsic and talk to the Minister of Trade there and he should be able to help you :)

DOH I type too slow and Zeke beat me too it! :)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
City Loyalty Can be obtained by declaring loyalty to a city and then participating in...

Champ Spawns
Bulk Order Deeds
Arresting raiders at the bandit camp between Skara Brae and Yew

Or you can deliver Trade Orders as described above, or donate goods to the City Trade Minister.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been donating and doing the trade deals, I did not however declare my loyalty!!!! How does one do this? And does all the work I have done go out the window?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
How do you arrest raiders? Do you get a rope from the city chest? How do you use it?

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First bring up your menu : Hold shift and click yourself -
loyal1.JPG

Then go to City Loyalty Menu at bottom -
loyal2.JPG

And pick the City you wish to be Loyal to ;)
loyal3.JPG

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been donating and doing the trade deals, I did not however declare my loyalty!!!! How does one do this? And does all the work I have done go out the window?
Click on yourself.. it's under Loyalty rating

oops Bytor beat me to it..

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you arrest raiders? Do you get a rope from the city chest? How do you use it?
Get the rope from the chest, find the raider, beat it down to almost dead, then use the rope on it (double click rope and target raider) - gate back to the city of your choice and hand in your prisoner. They sometimes used to start attacking you again after being captured, when they healed up a little, but they did no damage - I have a vague memory that they change from red name tag when raiders to yellow when captured....

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do the traders quests, while declaring city loyalty (to whatever city) - it is up in no time for ALL the cities ;)

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Google must be better than the Google the OP uses because I found all of the info on city loyalty by searching for "uo city loyalty".

The url for the Google I use is google.com in case anybody wants to bookmark it. ;)

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can still arrest rioters, just have to arrest them from the brigand camp between Skara and Yew and lead them off to your citizenship city.