• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I "customize" stone tables...

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Hi,

Before the old forums went down, I saw a thread about how to chop the unwanted part(s) of a stone table.

I think it was something involving goza mats and a house deco tool, but as you no longer can lock down (a part/parts of) stone tables, how does it work then? :confused:

Please help... :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
place mats (2 for a medium table, 3 for a large one) raise them, place the table on the mats, use decor tool to lower the mat under one piece of the table, splitting it, chop the parts you don't want.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Thank you! :thumbup1:

Now I can have my tables in a l_l, without the corners being jagged, I hope. :)

C

CRIMINAL

i tried the above method. it doesnt work or im doing something wrong. i raise the mats up and put the table on it and lowered one mat. i hit the table with an axe and the whole table redeeded.
am i missing something?

C

CRIMINAL

i was mistaken. here is a link to the website i found that shows how to do it.
http://www.spellweave.com/
its under echo deco: tips and tricks
i was placing the mats above the table. just raise the mats up 2 and place the table. then lower the mat under the piece you want to get rid of. then once the table seperates axe the piece you want to get rid of. pretty easy.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
I haven't had the time to try it yet, but I will probably do it this weekend. I promise that I'll post a picture, when I'm done. :)

@ Criminal: Thank you for posting the link to spellweave.com! That site is now bookmarked! ;)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you go to Echo Deco on my site:

http://www.spellweave.com

and look at tips and tricks, it tells you on that page how to 'do' modified tables, the same process may be used for most addons.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
I've been playing around with those tables and goza mats today. :)

I managed to get the eastern corner to look nice (marked with a blue circle) but the western corner (marked with a red circle) won't allign the same way. :(

I've tried to chop both the east facing table and the south facing table - as it is now -, but neither is perfect.

I wonder if it can be done at all... :confused:

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hellooo!

I love this deed chopping malarky, 'tis great fun! :thumbup1:

However, I can't figure out how to combine the table tops with low walls, as in this lovely style demonstrated here:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=49204&postcount=41

If I put the low wall first, the the gozas, then the table, I cannot seem to place the table, whether the mats are raised or not.
If I put the table first, raise and split, then customise and place the low wall, the table dissapears.

I thought maybe the first method might work if there was a gap in the floor above, but then to replace the gap I would have to customize again, and thus lose the table top again?

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its always worked for me the first way you described. I jsut have to raise hte goza mats up something like 11-12 clicks before the table will place though.

A

Ashyn

Hellooo!

I love this deed chopping malarky, 'tis great fun! :thumbup1:

However, I can't figure out how to combine the table tops with low walls, as in this lovely style demonstrated here:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=49204&postcount=41

If I put the low wall first, the the gozas, then the table, I cannot seem to place the table, whether the mats are raised or not.
If I put the table first, raise and split, then customise and place the low wall, the table dissapears.

I thought maybe the first method might work if there was a gap in the floor above, but then to replace the gap I would have to customize again, and thus lose the table top again?
Hi Ferrut,
That's my house. I'm flattered that you like it. Here are a few tips that may help you. When placing the gazas behind the half wall, the gazas must be raised higher than the wall. In addition, the table will only place on one of the gazas - that is to say, you must target that gaza or you will get the "cannot build" message (I think it is the far right gaza for the east facing table, and the far left gaza for the south facing tables). You can also put the tables down first, but the trick is to raise and chop and then "Lock down" each piece so that when you go into the customize menu, they will remain and not be lost.

The lock down is a tricky thing. Each day, at server reset, your chopped items are no longer "locked down." If, in the future, you wish to customize your home again, you need to lock down each chopped item before customizing so they will remain with the house and not poof into oblivion. So many homes I've customized for people, they have forgotten this and then gripe at me when they customize and lose their counters. :(

I hope this helps you. Again, I'm glad you like my house...I miss it!!!

-Ashyn

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can lock them down?!? ****!! I wish I had thought ot trying that...had to recustomize my house twice since making my countertop and lost the table tops both times, leading to hours of more mining both times just to get enough stone to replace them. :wall:

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Ashyn/Desperado_SE

I tried your advice and raised the mats a bit higher this time! And it worked! Yay! So first off - many thanks for that!

Secondly - Many thanks also for the tips! I also did not know about the unlocking/relocking before customising to retain them! That should save a lot of pain!!

Happy deco-ing!

:):):)