• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I change the hue of my "Topbar" ?

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do I change the hue of my "Topbar" ( Underlined in bold red )

Thanks!

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe that is a windows setting and since you are running Win7, but have to run the client in admin mode with the fancy windows interface turned off it defaults to a default window mode. You can probably change that default color by right-clicking on your desktop and choosing personalize. Then choose windows color and make your selection.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm I tried messing around with my Windows settings but I can't get it to work.

Is there any way I can fix the "topbar" so it has the Windows 7 theme as well?

I just want it to have a dark hue.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm I tried messing around with my Windows settings but I can't get it to work.

Is there any way I can fix the "topbar" so it has the Windows 7 theme as well?

I just want it to have a dark hue.

I will play around with it when I get home as far as changing the hue. It is my understanding that in order to run the Classic Client on a Win 7 machine is to disable some of the interface "coolness" that Win 7 applies. I don't know of any way to make the CC work properly and maintain the Win 7 enhancements while playing.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will play around with it when I get home as far as changing the hue. It is my understanding that in order to run the Classic Client on a Win 7 machine is to disable some of the interface "coolness" that Win 7 applies. I don't know of any way to make the CC work properly and maintain the Win 7 enhancements while playing.
Thanks buddy I appreciate that!

I'm sure if the hue can be modified but I don't possess magic to do so :sad4:

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you mean like this, right click on My Computer on your desktop (if you have an icon for it there) or go to

Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > System

from the start menu - bring up advanced system settings, click on the advanced tab, and under performance, click the settings button. Adjust for best performance - that will turn off all the rounded edges, etc, giving more of the classic XP look. You'll then want to go to personalization (right click on the main desktop screen, and choose the personalization option). Choose Windows Classic for your window color, and there you are. You'll end up with a screen looking very similar to the 2nd attachment, which looks very much like the original XP desktop, and, to a certain extent, the 98 desktop as well.

edit - add: yes, that is a Windows 7 x64 screenshot in both cases.

Attachments