• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How can I combine crafting tools ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recall reading that somehow it is possible to combine crafting tools to increase the charges.
Runic tools can be combined for up to 100 charges, if I recall right....

But how is it done ?
Thanks.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
  • To combine tools, double-click one tool while near a Soul Forge and target the other tool this is for runics

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AH, only for runics ? It does not work for regular tools ?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AH, only for runics ? It does not work for regular tools ?
It only works for Runic Tools. It came along with Reforging, so you would be able to use all of the charges of the runic tool.

It does not work for regular crafting tools. If you need to save housing space, it may be wise to set up a crafting tool vendor (I did this with for exceptional quality instruments). It costs me 800gp per day for the convenience, but I can recuperate that by killing a few Swoops each week.