• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How about that lag?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know it :X

Makes me want to throw my items in the luna trash can.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
:rant2: :fight: LAG

uggggggg, another nice night of bank sitting.....

A

Ashlen

Reminds me of the ole days.

Wow, does that mean UO has come
full circle? Are we back where we started
back in 1997? :gee:

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, Cal did say that he wanted to bring back the feel of the old days. (Dev's must be crazy, Oct 29)

Maybe this is what he meant?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reminds me of the ole days.

Wow, does that mean UO has come
full circle? Are we back where we started
back in 1997? :gee:
I hope not, I don't wanna be 10 again. :lol:
Ah, to be 17 again! No bills, no responsibility, my biggest concern was what cd's and video games to spend my weekly 20 hour, minimum wage paycheck on. I'd get to date my first girlfriend again. I think this time around I wouldn't break up with her to go out with that chick I worked with who turned out to be a nut job. Ah, the good ole days.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Mmm, lagilicious...:popcorn:

I was gonna yell at hubby about sucking up all the bandwidth with his xBox til I figured out everyone else was lagging as bad as me. :mf_prop:

I'd just as soon NOT go back to 1997 tyvm. Honestly, looking at my life today, I don't think there's any point I would want to go back to. :)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it still pretty bad? I didn't even get to log in yesterday, I was too busy re-arranging furniture and cleaning out the crap I had hidden in the top of my closet, and under the bed. I was hoping to get to do some trick or treating when I get home, try to get some more webs before they turn it off. The other night it was so bad, even in Zento, that I logged out standing outside the healers shop.

R

Rathma

Is it still pretty bad? I didn't even get to log in yesterday, I was too busy re-arranging furniture and cleaning out the crap I had hidden in the top of my closet, and under the bed. I was hoping to get to do some trick or treating when I get home, try to get some more webs before they turn it off. The other night it was so bad, even in Zento, that I logged out standing outside the healers shop.
Its horrible and unplayable! I couldn't even really do the invasion lastnight at Skara because of it. I wonder how many people will be canceling their accounts for this reason of not being able to do stuff they want to do.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*shrug* im running fine

been running great and havent dealt with lag yet...but...

*waits for lag gods to strike*

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll just be switching shards until it clears up. That's the beauty of having developed characters on multiple shards.

On the other hand, I'm not confident that it will clear up.

C

Callie

Been laggy for days....I thought it was just me! Good to know its not, but sorry it had to happen to others.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was fine for the first 2 or 3 days the lag was a problem, then all of a sudden it hit me like a ton of bricks the other night. Only upside I can see is that I can trick or treat in one building withouth having to leave after one round. The lag seems to make for a natural timer, so I don't have to worry about waiting. I can just loop around all the NPC's in the building over and over again.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't had lag since the late 90s.
Yet last night and today I have lagged as bad as if I still had dial-up.
I just logged out, I can't even work my skills like this.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to eat a slice of pizza between each taming attempt today. I think I gained about 120lbs after destroying those 7 extra larges!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep that up and you won't be able to fit into your tux for the wedding.

M

Marcus Blackwell

I haven't had lag since the late 90s.
Yet last night and today I have lagged as bad as if I still had dial-up.
I just logged out, I can't even work my skills like this.

I have to say this evening on Cats is the first time Ive experienced game freezing lag that some are talking about. Course Im still on dial up and have to deal with lag from connection all the time but nothing like what happened from 7pm eastern till almost 10pm eastern..was having lag like I do in some huge events when alot of mage is being cast freezing me up for least two mintutes which is uncool.
I

D

Dem0nic

I have to say this evening on Cats is the first time Ive experienced game freezing lag that some are talking about. Course Im still on dial up and have to deal with lag from connection all the time but nothing like what happened from 7pm eastern till almost 10pm eastern..was having lag like I do in some huge events when alot of mage is being cast freezing me up for least two mintutes which is uncool.
I
Dial-up is still around? :sad4:

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah! Haven't you seen those Comcast turtle commercials?!
Haha.

When my brother worked for comcast he always brought crap home of them turtles. I guess they gave em out there or something or he stole em. :O

G

GirlPower

You know what bothers me is you can run a traceroute to find out where the problem is and see it. Why cant whoever needs to fix this do the same and ummm FIX IT? I know stuff happens, things break etc. but this is just too long. A guildmate in Sweden was lagged the same way for a little bit and I was fine here on the east coast. They said they were gonna fix the lag and he got his good connection back, but now myself and most of my guild cannot move. I cant play at all from about 3pm to 1 am. Im sure I wont see a deduction on my uo bill tho.

R

Rathma

I don't understand two nights in a row the lag has stopped at about 10:30-11:00pm central time. Atleast that's happened to myself and a few others that I've noticed. What the hell is the deal?!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't tell you the deal, but I'm off of Catskills until it's better.

At least in Europa I can see what's killing me before I'm dead.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So I noticed last nite around 10 or so the lag seemed to be gone. My trace route this morning showed a normal ping in the 20's on all hops with 0% packet loss. Now, I realize that the lag is worse in the afternoons/evenings but over the weekend, it was horrible all day for me. I guess possibly because of more people.

Anyhow, the rambling point to this is, anyone notice any improvements? How are things today?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The latency issue should be fixed soon. I posted about it. If you wish to see what the dev team had to say about it click this --> link. Be sure to check out post #221

I'm relaxed, now that I know it's being addressed. :)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was pretty much non-existent for me last night. Trouble is, It's been so long since I played without lag, I forgot what I normally do!