How about a real UO lottery....

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
C

Chiera

Well, now that everybody seems to be so obsessed with items from live events that are considered somehow rare, why not go all the way and make the real thing...

What I am thinking about is something like this. Let's assume once every two months during a period of two or three days there spawns an item on a shard for 30 minutes. It can spwan anywhere, any facet, any dungeon, any place. The item is a one timer, means it is truely unique and a real 'you win uo item'. If it is not found and not picked up during this 30 minutes period it decays.

If it is picked up though it will unfold its unbearable magic on the carrier. So for another two hours whoever carries the item will turn bright orange or whatever and is freely attackable and lootable by anyone on any facet (kind of like carrying the plaque ;) ). Furthermore the burden of such might in ones backpack numbs a lot of the abilities of the carrier he might otherwise have, basically it puts him into statloss and makes it impossible for her to hide, stealth, recall, using a gate, enter a house, use a boat, cast invis or have invis casted on him. You get the idea...

Whoever carries the item after its devastating magic has worn off may keep it and put it on the rares forum immediately.

And the best thing of all, this can be done without any human EM who might then actually have the resources to create events.

S

Shantia

So basically you want to reward the last person who nabs it from your glowing orange stat gimped player just as the two hours is wearing off? or are you thinking the 2 hour resets with any new person who picks up the item? Seems kinda extreme to me..glowing orange and stat loss? Interesting concept tho..sorta like daily rares with a kick lol.

R

RichDC

Yea but then youd get people moaning about it was spawned at a wrong time, i couldnt find the person!

Make it so everyone on the game gets exactly the same thing only a different colour!

Sound familiar?

People would try to screw this as bad as they tried to screwed the events.

(i added the try as last event did give some nice items)

C

Chiera

So basically you want to reward the last person who nabs it from your glowing orange stat gimped player just as the two hours is wearing off?
exactly. And except for the first one to grab the item noone can be sure how much of those 2 hours are left once they take it up. Might be seconds, might be almost 2 hours :)

C

Chiera

Yea but then youd get people moaning about it was spawned at a wrong time, i couldnt find the person!

Make it so everyone on the game gets exactly the same thing only a different colour!

Sound familiar?

People would try to screw this as bad as they tried to screwed the events.

(i added the try as last event did give some nice items)
What would there be to screw up about ? The system wouldn't use up rescources in terms of manpower once implemented, it would just be another spawning item, though kind of very rare and a little wicked to get.

And as for people complaining ... of course people would complain, people will complain just about anything if you wait long enough ;) On the other hand though this little game would provide exactly what a lot of people seem to link to live events exclusively. Competition, skill, a little gambling and big rewards.

L

Lost-Soul

Dumb... If your going to suggest a lottery, why not make it a gold sink. During the month people on all shards can buy "lottery tickets." At the end of the month the person with the winning ticket gets 60-75%. Siege and Mugen can have their own.

B

Beastmaster

Logging into UO is a real lottery. You never know 1) what if any of your belongings will be there 2) whether your account even exists 3) which of your belongings will get you banned that day, etc.etc. The lists go on and on.

In short, I have enough UO Lottery in my life.