• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How 2 use Iron Beetle???

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, so my iron beetle just bonded today... is there a command to tell it to start mining?

I waited like 5 minutes and it finally "pooped" out a bit of ore. Is there a command to tell it to start mining?

Is there a guide on how to use this pet already?

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to hear this kind of info too. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot out there about iron beetles. I've read that it will randomly mine ore if put near an ore source, and will eat ore and change color to the ore type it ate. Read that it has a context menu for what to mine, but at the moment it will only mine ore. I also saw some speculation that it has a hidden mining skill, but no confirmation.

The iron beetle entry in the Stratics Hunter's Guide doesn't contain much info. Maybe it's time I headed down to the Underworld and lored a few with my in-training stealth tamer.

Seems like a "not quite finished" creature to me. Not sure how useful it is...

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't agree more. And I'm quite shocked at the lack of attention that this thread is getting. In "the old" days everyone would go ape-crap over finding out all the little secrets of new pets.

Then again... I still don't know if the dread warhorse's "trick" cloud "attack" is actually used for anything.

-meh

Let me know if anyone finds out anything else about the beetle though.

A

Azumazi

Honestly I think it's because the pet itself hasn't been put into wide spread use yet. Usually with xpacks some stuff come across slower than others.

I do think they will redirect attention to it at a later time but at the same time other pets that came with the new xpack are also broken like the Skree. So I do think they have a bit of a list to work on.

D

dragonthorn

As far as i know it's like a miners vanity pet, it changes color to ore it eats, I've trained a few up to gm levels and they make descent protection to miners with no offensive skills.I'd stick with a fire beetle tbh.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the high control slots and taming required (at first) made them unpopular. Fire Beetle remains my top pick too, but I end riding an ethy more often than not so I can cast EVs, haha.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The iron beetles might be a little more popular if they were reduced to three slots and/or could be used as a pack animal. I'm guessing the devs are too busy with other things to give much attention to iron beetles, skree, and the like, but maybe some day...

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't see a good reason to leave my firebeetle. Plus, can cast 1 EV if in danger like this.
If we had some more info on this iron beetle, that would be great.

J

[JD]

Tamers continue to suffer bugs across many fronts and lack of attention.. does anyone on the Dev team play one as their main? I wonder if they are even aware.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alas...

However... does anyone know if there is any future plans to make the Skree actually useful? Or is it just supposed to be cute?

*shrug*

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I couldn't agree more. And I'm quite shocked at the lack of attention that this thread is getting. In "the old" days everyone would go ape-crap over finding out all the little secrets of new pets.
Well I have yet to read anyone rave about how useful these are, and my miner likes his fire beetle. Unfortunately you can't have a fire beetle and an iron beetle at the same time. If you could, my miner might actually be interested.

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alittle update.

Ive tamed an Iron Beetle on my tamer, and even taken mining up.
Dont think it was very good idea doing that since the Iron Beetle just follows me and smells my beautiful @$$..

It takes 4/5 taming slots, and I am scared of it eating my stash of 30k iron ore (all at once).

5% Luck

I started training an Iron beetle and as far as 0 skill pets go WOW! Over 400 HPs!

As for the mining part, so far I took him to train on skeles in covetous pass and its slow 1-2 ore ever 10-30 min. I also tried him in despise working on the lizard men. Since the entire floor was a cave his rate went up significantly. 1-2 ore every 3-5 mins.

At that point I decided to train his resist spells to get his dex up thinking maybe it would increase his mining attempt rate. So far its been climbing all day--->114 and still going! So his dex hasnt capped yet so I cant return to training his wrestling and checking his mining rates just yet.

Ill keep ya posted!