• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing on LS?

G

Hello, my friend and I have returned to LS since way back in 97/98. We are both interested in creating 18x18 customizable houses but have had no luck finding any spots available. With the few player's we've seen online it's hard to believe all these houses that are about are still even used by players. In fact, the house next to my little 10x14 spot hasn't had a person come nor go in the two weeks it's been created. Unless of course it was while I was offline. But anyhow, is there actually any room left on the shard to create a house or two of this size?

We've tried going to Malas which has a ton of space available but everytime we attempt to place a house there it says "Houses cannot be placed in this area" Which makes absolutely no sense to me as there's houses just 5 tiles away. The ground is even, not even a single stone in the way.
Any clue? Any help? Please, we are desperate to be living in nice sized houses as soon as possible. And as unlikely as it is, it would be wonderful if we could be neighbors in some way or another.

G

your malas problem is that EAMythic never opened that area up for further housing so the houses you see are at the "border" to that flat area.

As far as 18x18s go, find 2 near each other is going to be a problem unless you plan on buying someone out.

Personally if you really want to be neighbors, just start small, play and enjoy the game and each others company and work your way up to the larger houses.

Been playing on LS since nearly day one and I still do not have an 18x18. I still go out and look and if I find one great, if not no biggie.

You know you can buy extra 20% storage that is applied to your account, so when you get a bigger house, it too will have more storage.

Also if you upgraded your account to mondain legacy(ML) there was a 20% boost to your storage with that expansion. If you have not upgraded to ML try to find some 9th anniversary editions, which will give you an upgrade code (this edition gives you access to all expansions released to date, this includes the 20% storage boost). And the 9th anniversary edition is a heck of alot cheaper than getting a upgrade code from EAMythic.

G

You should have been here back around Jan/early Feb.
I have a house in Malas in the desert, and there was 4 (maybe 5) 18*18's that have decayed right around my house during that time frame. All the spots have been taken though, already, but I'll keep an eye out and PM you if I see anything big enough that's open.

G

I agree with Warsong. Don't go looking for two big spots together. Find a couple of small places then work your way up. It's a lot more fun that way.

Welcome back..

G

Try exploring Fel.I placed 2 18x18`s last week so both my accounts houses are in same screen,well parts of both are in same screen.I found my spots N/E of Vesper area.IMO you will find alot more availability in Fel.Good luck!

G

Is Fel as dangerous as I hear it is? Is it anything like UO used to be before there was Tram and Fel? I've been to afraid to go there in fear of being pk'ed every few minutes.

M

Mondrago

Fel is not as dangerous as one would think. my very first house was a small one outside of Yew. that is neither her nor there, but you will have a much better chance of getting a large Fel plot then in Tram. just try to stay away from a moongate.
i have walked around Fel for hours and not seen anyone but mobs. get a runebook if you feel unsafe, and let not your heart be troubled. my 2 houses now are in Malas and Tram/Cove respectevly. i miss that old house in Fel! just walk around and look. you'll be fine.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My brother and I started small, first sharing a small marble workshop long ago and far away. Eventually I moved out to a modest home I bought with meager earnings as did he a few months later. A few house upgrades came for both of us as the years passed. The day he purchased his first 18x18 in the desert I was both excited for him and envious, though I had a great 15x15 marble nestled between Britain and Cove.

Today we live close in two 18x18s so it is possible and I would not have it any other way than how it happened. I still have all my old houses marked for a trip down memory lane and had we not worked up to it, I doubt the same appreciation would be there. Be cautious of getting too much too soon, for many get the "end game" feeling not long after. Welcome back and I hope you enjoy your time with us!