• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing on atlantic.

K

KingSidhe

I just want to point out that in all my time playing, more housing is available these days than at any other point except during the launch phases of new expansions in the past.

In the last month, I would say I have helped 10-15 people place a house. Today, I placed a 17x18 for a friend in a PRIME location, 10 seconds from Zento. It was an house that fell without being camped. We stumbled across it today. Actually my friend did. She was so excited she is probably still shaking.

My point is if you are in the market, remember that it would be a buyers market these days. A little patience and perseverance would allow you to find a larger home without having to pay an exhorbitant price for it. Don't give up hope, and don't be afraid to live in fel.

K

KingSidhe

Depends on location and size. Some are worth considerably more because of their location. Those larger houses in close proximity to towns or moongates could be worth alot more.

G

Ghosty

I just placed a 14x10 ... after 1 hour of looking. In a nice location, too. I do want somehting bigger, though, so I'll keep hunting.

K

KingSidhe

Congrats. Like I said, housing is available. And there are more IDOCs every day, making more room, and allowing people to prosper from those that came before.

G

i have to agree, 10x15s. I am sure i can find 5 or more in an hour of searching.

its the larger spots that still hold value

G

Ghosty

OK, here's a question ... those burning house spots, will they become open at some point for placement? If so, how long till it happens?

T

Tazar

The should be open once the next publish hits. They are fixing some of the house placement exploits before they open them back up.

E

Euphoriam

I still got my shante in the desert... so very lonely in the desert. Nothing but scorpions, earth eles, sand vortexes, and the occasional orc to keep me company. Not exactly prime location to set up a shop for my bowyer.

S

slasherofveils

<blockquote><hr>

The should be open once the next publish hits. They are fixing some of the house placement exploits before they open them back up.

[/ QUOTE ]

They did say it won't be in the next publish, but has been delayed. so 2 pubs from now!

I

imported_Pasquinade

The small spot at the entrance to Shame is open...just went to the dungeon and the house that's been there for sale is gone.

K

KingSidhe

I really can not complain about housing, right now I have a keep in fel, an 18x18 right at homare moongate, and one in Umbra desert. Tomorrow Ill drop my house on another shard, and get another 18x18 on atlantic.

S

Seismic

<blockquote><hr>

I really can not complain about housing, right now I have a keep in fel, an 18x18 right at homare moongate, and one in Umbra desert. Tomorrow Ill drop my house on another shard, and get another 18x18 on atlantic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there room for a keep anywhere? I'd love to place one..

T

Tazar

RTLFC

Thread has been pruned do to accusations against an individual/guild. Please keep on topic and avoid accusations.

K

KingSidhe

Well, if the Tower owner in front of my keep woud sell, I could place a castle. But no, there are no spots free that a keep would fit. I have managed to sell two trammel keeps last year, so they are available.