• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing Ideas...Additional...pro's and con's

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My .02 here.

Instead of a one time token - allow secondary housing for an additional option per month. It is more revenue for EA. Charge $2 extra per house per month. So instead of a $13.99/month make it $15.99. Thats $24 a year or the same price as a couple of one month codes to keep those houses 'active'.

Its a win win. I don't want to pay for 3 or 4 full time accounts to hold on multiple shards but I would pay a few dollars extra per month.

My current status is 2 active accounts I play both holding a house on GL. I have an on again off again account (every 90 days) holding a castle on a little played shard. I'd likely pay for it as an add on and add 2 more houses for Sonoma and Catskills if I could but I"m not going to maintain more accounts.
I'm more for this though again they run the risk of players consolidating and closing accounts. I know I wouldn't.... even though I have 9 accounts... I really love the housing and want extra storage.. just maxed out cash wise so not likely to go getting more accounts.

I would think they could find FAR better ways to bilk us for dollars than just letting us have a second house. I've already given them 100's of idea's for things we WOULD buy if it were an option. I'd buy account upgrades to add storage/stable slots/an 8th character/an added house even if it had to be 10x10 or less... though I'd prefer 18x18... Even if they said I'd not be able to have 2 on the same shard. I'd be happy to have a house on about a dozen other shards. If I could have 100 stable slots..... I'd buy that for every account. If I could have a 20 or 30% housing storage boost and an 8th character I'd buy that for every account. If I could add a basement on a sub-server somewhere that would give me the storage of a castle I'd buy that for every account I have. Truth is if they were really in the business to "make" money they would... I'm gonna bet that the problem is limited space on the origin store and that it's the Origin site that is limiting what Broadsword and the DEV's can put on there. If they could move the store "in-house" so to speak and when an account bought something it would then charge the account that is on file or it would hopefully do Paypal or something much like how the SOE store works in the Sony games. Not that it's 100% secure but in this day and age is anything? NO. So there you are.

Edit: Speaking of SOE store the DEV's could take a lesson from them. In the new Beta of EQ Landmark I can BUY whatever resources I need. Copper, Gold, Tin whatever I need... Just can't buy the "special" stuff you get with that.... Like you could buy Wood but can't get the crystal fragments you'd get if you did your own lumberjacking... etc... But it would sure put some of the scripters down a notch or two if I could get supplies from a store. Anyway they can take a card from them and start selling way more than they do.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My .02 here.

Instead of a one time token - allow secondary housing for an additional option per month. It is more revenue for EA. Charge $2 extra per house per month. So instead of a $13.99/month make it $15.99. Thats $24 a year or the same price as a couple of one month codes to keep those houses 'active'.

Its a win win. I don't want to pay for 3 or 4 full time accounts to hold on multiple shards but I would pay a few dollars extra per month.

My current status is 2 active accounts I play both holding a house on GL. I have an on again off again account (every 90 days) holding a castle on a little played shard. I'd likely pay for it as an add on and add 2 more houses for Sonoma and Catskills if I could but I"m not going to maintain more accounts.[/QUOTE

good idea but iam talking small houses extra....housess that people want for a shard they play but not much..dont want anyine to close accounts because they have 20 keeps and castles on the same shard.....[yes some folks do ccrazy as it seems].....im talking keep all there accounts open but they can pay for a token to place a small house on any other shards they wish

mghtyshark

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I hate to disagree with all the positive thoughts shared around this thread. However, has any one has played on Atlantic, more specific Fel Yew. You cannot move half an inch without running into a house. I rather enjoy moving around semi freely than trying to play Pacman around all the houses on this area. Now, take into consideration that there will be alot of transfer player developing housing all throughout the server just because they can and infact this will create an actual problem for playes that would like to participate in a community for one particular shard. The OP says
"
Yes i could pay for 2-3 more accounts to make this happen...
" Well, I think that if you really want to have 1000 houses in UO you should pay for your desires. Maybe form a guild or arrange some gold transaction to rent space from players on a specific shard that you would like to farm the items that you seek instead of making UO unplayable with so many houses......Just a thought.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to disagree with all the positive thoughts shared around this thread. However, has any one has played on Atlantic, more specific Fel Yew. You cannot move half an inch without running into a house. I rather enjoy moving around semi freely than trying to play Pacman around all the houses on this area. Now, take into consideration that there will be alot of transfer player developing housing all throughout the server just because they can and infact this will create an actual problem for playes that would like to participate in a community for one particular shard. The OP says
"" Well, I think that if you really want to have 1000 houses in UO you should pay for your desires. Maybe form a guild or arrange some gold transaction to rent space from players on a specific shard that you would like to farm the items that you seek instead of making UO unplayable with so many houses......Just a thought.
again we are not talking tram or fel....we are talking placing small 7x7 8x8 in malas empty lands only....no its not that empty on one or two shards...but ;let me tell u its getting emptier by the month even on atlantic....1 years ago placing a large castle or 1818 was very hard...only fallers....today its not to hard to find a spot on atlantic of this size....but thats by the by....

read the OP please

Dixie of Chesapeake

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
speaking of housing , while im taking a break from clicky clicky clicky...lifting gozas in the air "covering the whole top of my castle" ...i have to say to the person that came up with these things..U Sir or U Madam are in fact the devil!......the allure of having a nifty custom floor is just to tempting and i have have got 4 hours sleep in 2 days due to those little demons....im sure tomara night will also be spent the same way........now that my eyes have rested its back to the green screen of gozas lol

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
god i hate to see raised gozza mats when they have been done crap....plzpzl tell me u have done it nice

mghtyshark

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
we are talking placing small 7x7 8x8 in malas empty lands only....no its not that empty on one or two shards...but ;let me tell u its getting emptier by the month even on atlantic....1 years ago placing a large castle or 1818 was very hard...only fallers....today its not to hard to find a spot on atlantic of this size....but thats by the by....

read the OP please
Again If you are looking for a 7x7 or 8x8 arrange some gold transaction to rent space from players on a specific shard that you would like to farm the items that you seek instead of making UO unplayable with so many houses...... There is a new concept going around called "Shared Economy", you might find it useful in UO as well ;) if you would have read my complete reply, you should have seen the solution to your problem.....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again If you are looking for a 7x7 or 8x8 arrange some gold transaction to rent space from players on a specific shard that you would like to farm the items that you seek instead of making UO unplayable with so many houses...... There is a new concept going around called "Shared Economy", you might find it useful in UO as well ;) if you would have read my complete reply, you should have seen the solution to your problem.....
lol...whatver.. its a great idea.....a lot of folks play more than one shard...hell i like to dabble on all 27.....whatver floats your boat...u certainly are going to disagree even if it was the best idea ever invented in the world....thats obvoius ......and not for one minute do u really think every shard would become full of small houses lolz.......with UO player base...seroiusly???...were talking 2-300 maybe small 7x7 tents being placed in the vast empty spaces of malas unused green and sand wastelands....

seems more pro's for the idea than nay sayers if u read the thread u may find a the idea would work great

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I would love to change the wall/floor colors of my castle. Maybe a nice sandstone.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so iam guessing the devs are working on this as i type?? yes??